Ionic Pro live deploy. On relaunch app rolls back to binary version

Hey, I’m using Ionic Pro’s Live Deploy feature to deploy iOS app, with ‘auto’ setting to download new version on splash screen.
I’m having a behavior where app rolls back to a binary version of the app when I relaunch it

For example,
Currently, a user has an app with version 1.1 and I want to deploy a new version of the app (v1.2)
Reproduce steps:

1. Deploy new build (v1.2) in ionic dashboard
  2. Kill the app and reopen -> app is on v1.2 (correct)
  3. Kill the app and reopen -> app is on v1.0 (original binary version)
  4. Kill the app and reopen -> app is stuck on splash screen
  5. Kill the app and reopen -> app is on v1.2 (correct)
    From now on app stays v1.2

cli packages: (/usr/local/lib/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.19.2
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.20.0

global packages:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.1.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.8
Cordova Platforms  : ios 4.5.4
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.0

System:

ios-deploy : 1.9.2
Node       : v8.9.2
npm        : 5.6.0
OS         : macOS Sierra
Xcode      : Xcode 9.2 Build version 9C40b

Environment Variables:

ANDROID_HOME : not set

Misc:

backend : pro

Can we bump this up? I’m running into the exact same issue. @olehkolinko Did you ever find a solution?

Hey, I contacted ionic support for this, they was able to reproduce the issue and they opened a ticket with the deploy team. Right now I don’t have any solution but I will update as soon as I have some news.

@olehkolinko Curious, have you tried downgrading app-scripts to 2.1.4? Maybe it’s related to their live reload issues

I haven’t tried it, for my case I will have to change a lot of codebase for downgrade. Did downgrade fixed your issue?

Nope, tried downgrading, it did nothing :frowning:

I have your exact behavior with cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 1.1.16. Then when I upgrade to 1.2.0, it doesn’t event apply in the first place. Something is off here