Ionic Package - any new changes? (generates livereload)

#1

Hello,

Since this evening it seems that running “ionic package build android --prod” generates something differently.
I have checked my code from yesterday but can’t find anything suspect regarding this new behaviour.

New behaviour:
After installing and running the finished APK the application tries to reach the IP-adress from where I did run “ionic package…”, it works and loads the app if “ionic serve” is running on my computer otherwise I get some NET_ERR…

Workaround until I figure this out:
I generate APK with Android Studio.

//Fredy

#2

I would say the build that was done before ionic package was a livereload build - and somehow package didn’t do and upload its own build…

#3

Can you please explain in more detail?

#4

Run ionic package again and show us all output (and the command you run).
Also post your ionic info output please.

#5

Here are some more info, I don’t know but it works again, the generated APK does not act as a livereload build.

Build 71 did act as a livereload build.
Build 74 did not and I am happy again :slight_smile:

-----This is what I did between the builds:-----

ionic package build android

ionic package build android --release --prod
[ERROR] Sorry–a valid production security profile is required for Android release builds.

(I generated and uploaded a keystore)
ionic package build android --release --prod

ionic cordova platform rm ios
ionic cordova platform rm android
ionic cordova platform add android

ionic cordova build android --prod
[ERROR] Cordova encountered an error.
You may get more insight by running the Cordova command above directly.

[ERROR] An error occurred while running cordova build android (exit code 1):

    ANDROID_HOME=/Users/*******/Library/Android/sdk
    JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_111.jdk/Contents/Home
    Subproject Path: CordovaLib
    Error: spawn EACCES

ionic package build android --prod <---- started working again

--------END--------

Build 71:
ionic package build android --prod
Running app-scripts build: --prod

[22:20:45] build prod started …
[22:20:45] clean started …
[22:20:45] clean finished in 3 ms
[22:20:45] copy started …
[22:20:45] ngc started …
[22:20:49] ngc finished in 4.05 s
[22:20:49] preprocess started …
[22:20:49] deeplinks started …
[22:20:49] deeplinks finished in 151 ms
[22:20:49] optimization started …
[22:20:49] copy finished in 4.31 s
[22:20:56] optimization finished in 6.54 s
[22:20:56] preprocess finished in 6.70 s
[22:20:56] webpack started …
[22:21:00] webpack finished in 4.19 s
[22:21:00] sass started …
[22:21:00] uglifyjs started …
[22:21:01] sass finished in 731 ms
[22:21:01] cleancss started …
[22:21:01] cleancss finished in 646 ms
[22:21:06] uglifyjs finished in 6.62 s
[22:21:06] postprocess started …
[22:21:06] postprocess finished in 8 ms
[22:21:06] lint started …
[22:21:06] build prod finished in 21.58 s
:heavy_check_mark: Requesting snapshot upload - done!
⠧ Uploading snapshot (100.00%)
[22:21:08] lint finished in 1.45 s
:heavy_check_mark: Uploading snapshot - done!
[OK] Uploaded snapshot -*****--****!
:heavy_check_mark: Requesting project upload - done!
:heavy_check_mark: Uploading project - done!
:heavy_check_mark: Queuing build - done!
[OK] Build 71 has been submitted!

Build 74:
ionic package build android --prod
Running app-scripts build: --prod

[23:21:17] build prod started …
[23:21:17] clean started …
[23:21:17] clean finished in 1 ms
[23:21:17] copy started …
[23:21:17] ngc started …
[23:21:21] ngc finished in 3.94 s
[23:21:21] preprocess started …
[23:21:21] deeplinks started …
[23:21:21] deeplinks finished in 124 ms
[23:21:21] optimization started …
[23:21:21] copy finished in 4.16 s
[23:21:27] optimization finished in 6.17 s
[23:21:27] preprocess finished in 6.29 s
[23:21:27] webpack started …
[23:21:31] webpack finished in 4.11 s
[23:21:31] sass started …
[23:21:31] uglifyjs started …
[23:21:32] sass finished in 753 ms
[23:21:32] cleancss started …
[23:21:33] cleancss finished in 647 ms
[23:21:37] uglifyjs finished in 6.26 s
[23:21:37] postprocess started …
[23:21:37] postprocess finished in 7 ms
[23:21:37] lint started …
[23:21:37] build prod finished in 20.63 s
:heavy_check_mark: Requesting snapshot upload - done!
⠦ Uploading snapshot (100.00%)
[23:21:39] lint finished in 1.35 s
:heavy_check_mark: Uploading snapshot - done!
[OK] Uploaded snapshot -*****--****!
:heavy_check_mark: Requesting project upload - done!
:heavy_check_mark: Uploading project - done!
:heavy_check_mark: Queuing build - done!
[OK] Build 74 has been submitted!

1 Like
#6

I think I found the “problem” in config.xml
(I have no idea how and why the file changed in the first place…)

Build 71: (Acts as livereload)
<content original-src="index.html" src="http://10.0.100.200:8100" />

Build 74: (Works as normal standalone)
<content src="index.html" />

#7

This is changed when you start a livereload build locally.
Normally this gets replaced when you do a normal build again, as Ionic Package does.

But good you could pinpoint it. Will try to remember that for next time.

1 Like