Ionic Guide Not Working at "Adding Projects" Section

Hi,

I’ve just started to learn Ionic (great job, by the way) and I’m currently following the step-by-step guide in the docs. I got it working until I reached “Adding Projects” in Chapter 5. Once I copied the code in that section my app breaks:

1. App opens with a prompt to create a project title.
  2. After entering a title, app proceeds to app content.
  3. No projects have been created when I slide left to check projects.
  4. Creating a projects from there also produces no projects.
  5. Tapping on the create task icon opens a broken modal window (I can see parts of the div codes appearing) which I can’t interact with.

Basically I got the guide working until the “Adding Projects” part. I’ve tried the following:

1. Installing Cordova plugin org.chromium.storage for localstorage.
  2. Adjusting .js to pass JSHint.

Can you point out where I’ve gone wrong? I’d really like learn more about Ionic and it’s frustrating that I can’t even get the simple guide to work on my phone (Sony Xperia V, Android 4.3)

Thanks!

Hi @jaypanares,

Are you testing this in the browser, or within your phone as an app?

Sorry, we just pushed out a new release and we failed to update all of the docs correctly.

The guide has been updated again, if you want to try out the newest version of building: http://ionicframework.com/docs/guide/building.html

Hi,

It’s been a long while since I’ve posted and I’ve managed to get the guide running on a desktop browser but when I run ionic emulate android the app loads but I get an application error that "The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)" Are there any settings that I may have missed?

Thanks!