Ionic emulate ios **BUILD FAILED**

Hello,

I’m getting this error when trying to simulate ios:

2014-08-13 16:34:16.891 xcodebuild[8792:4203] DVTAssertions: Warning in /SourceCache/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport-5069/Xcode3Core/LegacyProjects/Frameworks/DevToolsCore/DevToolsCore/SpecificationTypes/BuiltInSpecifications/Compilers/XCGccMakefileDependencies.m:76 Details: Failed to load dependencies output contents from /Users/felix/Desktop/ionic-tutorial/rev/platforms/ios/build/rev.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/rev.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVLocation.d''. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “CDVLocation.d” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo=0x7ffd6d4e31e0 {NSFilePath=/Users/felix/Desktop/ionic-tutorial/rev/platforms/ios/build/rev.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/rev.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVLocation.d, NSUnderlyingError=0x7ffd6d4bd350 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory"}. User info: { NSFilePath = "/Users/felix/Desktop/ionic-tutorial/rev/platforms/ios/build/rev.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/rev.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVLocation.d"; NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. No such file or directory\""; }. Function: void XCGccMakefileDependenciesParsePathsFromRuleFile(NSString *__strong, void (^__strong)(NSString *__strong)) Thread: <NSThread: 0x7ffd6d4e3220>{name = (null), num = 7} Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed: CompileC build/rev.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/rev.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVLocation.o rev/Plugins/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/CDVLocation.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (1 failure) Error: /Users/felix/Desktop/ionic-tutorial/rev/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65 at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23) at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17) at maybeClose (child_process.js:755:16) at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:822:5)

It seems to be related to cordova.geolocation plugin…

1 Like

Hey, try to remove the plugin and see if you can build the project.

When I run cordova plugin rm org.apache.cordova.core.geolocation in the CLI, it says Plugin "org.apache.cordova.core.geolocation" is not present in the project. See 'cordova plugin list'.

But when I check cordova_plugins.js, there are cordova geolocation plugins present. I tried commenting them out before running ionic build ios again, but the plugins are un-commented during the build process.

I need this plugin for my application though…

1 Like

Hmm, so this seems to be an issue for cordova’s build setup. What you can do is in the plugins folder, there will be a json file. Delete that and try to build or cordova prepare again

1 Like

Take a look here:

You can download the files you need from git and copy into your app

1 Like

just run ionic platform rm ios then ionic platform add ios should resolve the issue.

1 Like