Ionic-datepicker Bower component for Ionic framework applications

Awesome component, working fine here, just what i was looking for, thank´s Rajeshwar

Thank a lot @angelorigo :smile:

Hi!

Newbie question :
How can i get the value of the choosen date inside my controller ?
In the view i see {{currentDate}} working, i do not have the same value inside the controller by using $scope.currentDate.

I just want to get this value after a form submit, how can it be done ?

Thank´s in advance

Not sure if it is the best way, but it works : {{ data.choosenDate = currentDate; }} declare this on the view and it is available on the controller on $scope.data.

Hi Everyone,
I have released a new version v0.3.0 of ionic-datepicker with some additional functionalities.
a) User can select the years and months using the dropdown.
b) A callback function is added.

Please have a look at these new features.

Hi @angelorigo, Please install ionic-datepicker v0.3.0. Your issue will get resolved.

Hi,

This was due to my own lack of knowledge of how LocalStorage stores dates.

Instead of storing in LocalStorage as a standard Date object, I store is as:

this.currentDate.getTime();

Then, when getting the date back out of LocalStorage I do:

var myDate = new Date(parseInt(storedDate,10));

hi @rajeshwarpatlolla the project and the idea is awesome. i want to use the ionic-datepicker but unfortunately i keep getting error while install it from bower, here is the error message.
any suggestion?

I tried installing this component, and i am able to install it correctly. Can you make sure you have the correct ssh key set up in your machine.

Thank´s Rajesh i just install and it is working fine. One little bug i have found is that the close button does not close the ionicpopup. What could it be ? the error is :

TypeError: a.callback is not a function
at e.show.buttons.onTap (ionic-datepicker.js:1)
at Scope.extend.$buttonTapped (ionic.bundle.js:45347)
at $parseFunctionCall (ionic.bundle.js:21044)
at ionic.bundle.js:53458
at Scope.$eval (ionic.bundle.js:23100)
at Scope.$apply (ionic.bundle.js:23199)
at HTMLButtonElement. (ionic.bundle.js:53457)
at HTMLButtonElement.eventHandler (ionic.bundle.js:11713)
at triggerMouseEvent (ionic.bundle.js:2863)
at tapClick (ionic.bundle.js:2852)

I am using ionic 1.5.0. The month selector feature helps a lot thank you.

Just follow the instructions from https://github.com/rajeshwarpatlolla/ionic-datepicker everything working fine! thank´s for this great component.

Hi @rajeshwarpatlolla, nice control. Thanks for the hard work. I have a question. I installed the latest version with bower. It works fine, but I had 2 issues, one of which I solved. The popup was too narrow and too short causing the 2 digit date cells to have the 2 digits on top of each other instead of next to each other. Also the popup body was scrolling when there were 6 rows. solved it with some css in my app css file.

.popup-container .popup {
width: 400px;
}

.popup-body {
height: 360px;
}

I am also having a problem with the month and year select boxes. They open and display the lists, but the selected month and year are not shown. the month and year change, so functionally it is working, just cannot see the selected month and year. Can you help?

Hi, is possible to disable dates with this component? Not only past dates. Thanks.

For now it is only possible to disable previous dates. I am planning to disable future dates in the next release. But disabling particular dates is not yet in the task list.

Ok, if I have some time and with your permission I’ll fork your component from GitHub and try to add this feature :slight_smile:

You can. That would be helpful :smile:

1 Like

Pull request #31 - Added feature for disabling specific dates

Hi Guys, I released a new version of ionic-datepicker(0.4.0). Few bugs are fixed and few new features are added. Please use this new version.

1 Like

Hi Guys, I released a new version of ionic-datepicker(v0.5.0). CSS classes for customisation are added and feature for disabling specific dates is also added.