Ionic commands return 'This app can't run on your PC' on Windows

For some reason, out of nowhere, when I run commands like ionic serve or ionic info, I get the Windows alert:
"This app can’t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher"
Followed by an ‘Access is denied’ statement on the command prompt

I was able to run an ionic app with no problem just a week ago, and I haven’t done any major environment configurations since then. Not even updates. This has been entirely out of the blue, and I don’t know how to approach the problem.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue, and how to fix it?

Hi,

Can you show the log in your command line when you run ionic serve ? Your description is not clear.

Thanks,

There are no logs. When I run ionic serve, I get that windows error pop up and it says ‘Access denied’ in the next line of the terminal window

try

ionic serve --verbose

this may show you more

Nope. I get the same error :frowning:

None of the ionic commands are working, including npm!

Hi,

Maybe you don’t have the administrator permission from your account. I guess it have guest permission. That’s why it prevent a lot. Please login and check the permission of the account. Run the command line with Administrator permission and run ionic serve again.

Thanks,

I am using an administrator account. I even created another administrator account, and I still get the same error.

Like I said - everything was working perfectly last week. This really has come out of nowhere, and I’m getting super frustrated about this random error. I can’t use npm to uninstall ionic either, because npm commands throw the same error as well!

Hi

I fixed the issue by deleting Node JS and installing npm and ionic all over again. I don’t know why the issue happened in the first place, but thankfully that worked.