Ionic build when using a custom pipe: Supplied parameters do not match any signature of call target

Since ionic2-rc0 I get this error when I am running ionic build when using a custom pipe:

ngc error: Error: Error at myApp/.tmp/pages/test/test.ngfactory.ts:1450:81: Supplied parameters do not match any signature of call target.
    at check (myApp\node_modules\@angular\tsc-wrapped\src\tsc.js:31:15)
    at Tsc.typeCheck (myApp\node_modules\@angular\tsc-wrapped\src\tsc.js:86:9)
    at myApp\node_modules\@angular\tsc-wrapped\src\main.js:33:23
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:103:7)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:449:11)
    at startup (node.js:146:18)
    at node.js:404:3

I am using a simple Pipe:

import { Pipe, PipeTransform } from '@angular/core';
@Pipe({name: 'exponentialStrength'})
export class ExponentialStrengthPipe implements PipeTransform {
  transform(value: number, exponent: string): number {
    let exp = parseFloat(exponent);
    return Math.pow(value, isNaN(exp) ? 1 : exp);
  }
}

I am calling it by:

<span>My test: {{test.aNumber | exponentialStrength}}</span>

does someone has an idea, what is wrong?
Removing the html line makes ionic build run without an error. The pipe itself is working fine since it is working when i add the html line while ionic serve is running.

Open that file (myApp/.tmp/pages/test/test.ngfactory.ts) in Atom with TypeScript plugin. He will show the line with error, then you can debug.

I had the same error “Supplied parameters do not match any signature of call target.”. My problem was the function called in template had argument and in .TS not.

You need to make exponent optional:

exponent?: string)
2 Likes

Thanks @ludufre for the hint. I already took a look to the transpiled JS code but it was not obviously what is wrong.

@SigmundFroyd that’s it, thx.

I had a similar issue with custom pipes, @SigmundFroyd’s answer, solved it!!! Thanks a lot. :raised_hands::raised_hands: