Ionic/Android Emulator/Remote Desktop session - "The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)"

Scenario:

• I have a work PC and a work laptop. The PC has all of the juice to run the android emulator, our dev environment/tools, etc
  • I sometimes work remotely and use a laptop (or other PC) to VPN, then RDP into my physical work PC.
  • When I launch an Ionic app using ionic cordova run android, The emulator will load, the app will install, the splash screen will display, but as soon as the splash screen goes away I get:
    Application Error - The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)

The common factor here is doing this through an RDP session. I tried it from multiple PCs, always the same result.

Has anyone else every run into this? What could possibly be causing this? It’s terribly inconvenient.

Thanks!

For those of you that may stumble upon this, I found a solution for my particular scenario.

With the emulator running, I had to open “Extended Controls”. On the “Settings” tab, change “OpenGL ES API Level” from “Autoselect” to “Host maximum”.