Ionic and Telerik AppBuilder

I am using Telerik AppBuilder with Ionic and loving the cobination of AppBuilders tooling with Ionic’s looks and Angular’s framework. I have now written my app in Durandal + Bootstrap, Kendo Mobile, Ratchet and a couple of others and have settled on thi scombination - it has taken me 2 weeks to pass the point that took months before :wink: (thanks to the Ionic team for all the hard work!)

I thought I would start this topic for AppBuilder discussions - @iwantwin had the suggestion…

Soo… How does ionic work with appbuilder? Is it working nice like cordova (which is the main usage with ionic of course ^^)

Any caveats or anything?

Some of the cool things that the Telerik Platform give you:

1. Easy cloud-based IDE (I am an old school Visual Studio Developer and
    AppBuilder windows client is like having a cut down version with
    built in Bower and Resharper and GIT
  2. Easy access to Analytics/global
    exception capturing with Telerik Cordova Plugins Easy to include the
  3. Telerik Feedback module (allow users to send screenshots, errors and
    ask for help directly in the live app)
  4. Incredible dev time support (work in the simulator and debug using Chrome then deploy to Android or iOS with live synching (just tap to download the latest build)
  5. Cordova friendliness - nice easy interface for changing icons, permissions and splashscreens etc (all in a GUI) and chooses the right Cordova.js file at run time depending on what device you are on.

The last option was one of the things I like most about AppBuilder… Of course, it is not cheap but you do get 2 projects free which I am using…

They work well together - AppBuilder is in no way tied to Kendo - so to start, download AppBuilder (or use the Browser version) and just import one of the Ionic starter projects. I don’t actually use NodeJS beyond downloading the starter template, then I add all the files to AppBuilder. It has got Bower package manager for including Angular and Ionic but it only gets stable versions so the version of IOnic is old - I overwrote this with the starter kit.

Cordov works well as it gives a nice easy interface for changing icons, permissions and splashscreens etc (all in a GUI) and chooses the right Cordova.js file at run time depending on what device you are on.

I also use Ionic and Appbuilder.

Have been for many months now. Telerik have an excellent product in appBuilder and takes away a lot of the hassle of building the apps for ios / android (even for wp8).

I have enhanced the ionic gulpfile to concat the js / css / templates (cached) / uglified. So in the end there are only a few files to move up to AppBuilder. Push the button and out pops your ios and android app - well almost that easy.

I don’t use the AppBuilder UI for coding or debugging really - stick with Atom and Ionic CLI etc…

You can also link your projects to github

cheers

Hi rodneyjoyce,

I am also trying to use telerik app builder for my ionic app. I am using visual studio. So how to import the ionic project in the app builder? Or it would be much helpful , if you help me out with the steps to be done to use appbuilder for my ionic project