Ionic 5 - chrome://inspect do not see webpack folder

Hello,

I have an Ionic 5 app with Angular 12 and Cordova. I use the following for live reload:

ionic cordova run android -l

I am not sure what has happened but when I now launch chrome://inpsect, click inspect, and go to Sources tab to debug my code, I no longer have the webpack:// folder. This has worked before.

I see top\localhost:8100\plugin, top\localhost:8100\connection, and top\localhost:8100\minimized js files but no webpack:// folder.

I have tried removing the platforms and adding them back. I have also removed the existing www folder and adding an empty www folder back.

Below is my Ionic info.

Any ideas as to what might have changed to cause this and what I need to do to get the webpack:// folder back?

Ionic:

Ionic CLI                     : 6.16.3 (/Users/b/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.1/lib/node_modules/@ionic/cli)
   Ionic Framework               : @ionic/angular 5.6.9
   @angular-devkit/build-angular : 12.0.4
   @angular-devkit/schematics    : 12.0.4
   @angular/cli                  : 12.0.4
   @ionic/angular-toolkit        : 4.0.0

Cordova:

Cordova CLI       : 10.0.0
   Cordova Platforms : android 9.1.0, ios 6.2.0
   Cordova Plugins   : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.2.0, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 5.0.0, (and 12 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : 0.15.3
   native-run  : 1.4.0

System:

ios-sim : 8.0.2
   NodeJS  : v14.17.1 (/Users/b/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.1/bin/node)
   npm     : 6.14.13
   OS      : macOS Big Sur
   Xcode   : Xcode 12.5.1 Build version 12E507

Thanks,

Brent

Well I tried a number of things.

My original Ionic 5 project was originally an Ionic 4 that was upgraded to Ionic 5. There must have been some setting in the project causing the problem.

To get it to work I ended up creating a new Ionic 5 project and then adding my components, pages, etc.

If you would like some validation on this choice, I do this every time there is a major Ionic version change.

Thanks for the validation. :slight_smile:

I plan on doing that from now on.