Ionic 3 iOS 9 Blackscreen

Please do it this way:

npm uninstall -g ionic cordova
npm install -g ionic cordova
ionic start TestAppFoo blank
ionic cordova platform add ios
ionic cordova build ios
ionic info

The build ios will probably return an error, please copy that over here. Also ionic info of course. If it asks you to install some CLI plugin, do so.

App works under iOS 10 now. I can’t test iOS 9 on Hardware yet because i don’t have the phone here. I am downloading the iOS 9 emulator right now (1,5GB). Ill post the log for iOS 9 as soon as i get the results.

These are the logs for iOS 10

How do you get to Xcode with the steps I posted? Xcode doesn’t play any role in this for now. Also you don’t have Cordova CLI installed which makes no sense at all.

I have to test the appliction on iOS. So i need XCode to test it in the emulator. Since the rest works in browser like i mentoined already.

EDIT: Can you please give me the npm command to install Cordova CLI ? Thanks.

Please read what I wrote here: Ionic 3 iOS 9 Blackscreen
You will not need to open Xcode for now at all - we need to know everything installs correctly and gives the “correct” error message. THEN you open Xcode to fix some stuff and run the app in the simulator. (You could acutally do that via the CLI again…).

Please also uninstall your node before you do all this and install nvm: https://github.com/creationix/nvm This way we can be sure there are no rights problems causing Cordova CLI not to install etc.

Alright doing that all right now.

Should i do an ionic serve and show you the console log from the safari or should i just end it when i entered ionic info.

ionic serve at the end won’t hurt, but there normally shouldn’t be anything interesting in the console.

Well everything broke now i can’t get node js to work ionic doesn’t work anymore because i uninstalled everything could you provide me a guide please on how i can uinstall node js and ionic and install it again on MAC since im NOT a mac user i only use it to run my stuff on iOS.

Thank you.

Same here.

But, as I wrote, install nvm and use this: https://github.com/creationix/nvm#installation

Okay ill just try to install it. I won’t uninstall anything else now ill post the results later.

NodeJS is the base on that npm runs that installs Cordova and Ionic.
So when you have nvm, you can reinstall node, then cordova and ionic.

Alright nvm worked now. Wich are the right commands to reinstall node, cordova and ionic. I don’t want to make any mistakes again :slight_smile:

EDIT: node and the rest is still installed so i would also need the commands for the uninstall for that. :grin:

For node read the nvm documentation. I am on Windows so can’t say anything about that.

Uninstall of Cordova and Ionic I posted already. First line of Ionic 3 iOS 9 Blackscreen (add --save to all npm command if you are on npm<5)

Thank you for your reply, i will try it out when im on my Mac again ill post the results later.

1 Like

Alright I did everything what you said whats the next step ? Here is the ionic info.

Ionic info global

From my Project folder

I don’t understand why Cordova CLI is not installed.

Me neither.

You also still have the same node and npm version as before. Did the nvm stuff really work?

Run the following commands:
cordova
cordova -v
npm list -g --depth=0

Here is my output.

sudo cordova -v

sudo npm list -g —depth=0
npm ERR! arg Argument starts with non-ascii dash, this is probably invalid: [ ‘—depth=0’ ]
npm ERR! code EINVALIDTAGNAME
npm ERR! Invalid tag name “—depth=0”: Tags may not have any characters that encodeURIComponent encodes.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/username/.npm/_logs/2017-07-12T16_09_08_617Z-debug.log

ERRORLOG

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ ‘/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/node’,
1 verbose cli ‘/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/npm’,
1 verbose cli ‘list’,
1 verbose cli ‘-g’,
1 verbose cli ‘—depth=0’ ]
2 info using npm@5.0.3
3 info using node@v8.1.4
4 error arg Argument starts with non-ascii dash, this is probably invalid: [ ‘—depth=0’ ]
5 verbose stack Error: Invalid tag name “—depth=0”: Tags may not have any characters that encodeURIComponent encodes.
5 verbose stack at invalidTagName (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:76:15)
5 verbose stack at fromRegistry (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:265:13)
5 verbose stack at resolve (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:66:12)
5 verbose stack at npa (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:39:10)
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:68:17
5 verbose stack at Array.map (native)
5 verbose stack at ls.fromTree (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:64:17)
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:40:5
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:46:5
5 verbose stack at thenHandleErrors (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-tree/rpt.js:235:5)
5 verbose stack at f (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/once/once.js:25:25)
5 verbose stack at handleComplete (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-tree/rpt.js:22:28)
5 verbose stack at f (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/once/once.js:25:25)
5 verbose stack at handleComplete (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-tree/rpt.js:22:28)
6 verbose cwd /Users/USERNAME
7 verbose Darwin 16.6.0
8 verbose argv “/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/node” “/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/npm” “list” “-g” “—depth=0”
9 verbose node v8.1.4
10 verbose npm v5.0.3
11 error code EINVALIDTAGNAME
12 error Invalid tag name “—depth=0”: Tags may not have any characters that encodeURIComponent encodes.
13 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Why the sudo? You shouldn’t need that anywhere. Have you been using that while installing as well?
What happens on cordova witout sudo?

The second command has “–” as param not “—”.

I need sudo to install else i don’t have permission.

The commands without sudo.

cordova --v
/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/insight/node_modules/configstore/index.js:53
throw err;
^

Error: EACCES: permission denied, open ‘/Users/USERNAME/.config/configstore/insight-cordova.json’
You don’t have access to this file.

at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:651:18)
at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:553:33)
at Configstore.get (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/insight/node_modules/configstore/index.js:34:26)
at Configstore (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/insight/node_modules/configstore/index.js:27:44)
at new Insight (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/insight/lib/index.js:38:34)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/cordova/src/telemetry.js:37:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:569:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)

With sudo but with the fixed param.

npm ERR! arg Argument starts with non-ascii dash, this is probably invalid: [ ‘—depth=0’ ]
npm ERR! code EINVALIDTAGNAME
npm ERR! Invalid tag name “—depth=0”: Tags may not have any characters that encodeURIComponent encodes.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/USERNAME/.npm/_logs/2017-07-12T16_51_10_133Z-debug.logUSERNAME

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ ‘/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/node’,
1 verbose cli ‘/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/npm’,
1 verbose cli ‘list’,
1 verbose cli ‘-g’,
1 verbose cli ‘—depth=0’ ]
2 info using npm@5.0.3
3 info using node@v8.1.4
4 error arg Argument starts with non-ascii dash, this is probably invalid: [ ‘—depth=0’ ]
5 verbose stack Error: Invalid tag name “—depth=0”: Tags may not have any characters that encodeURIComponent encodes.
5 verbose stack at invalidTagName (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:76:15)
5 verbose stack at fromRegistry (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:265:13)
5 verbose stack at resolve (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:66:12)
5 verbose stack at npa (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-package-arg/npa.js:39:10)
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:68:17
5 verbose stack at Array.map (native)
5 verbose stack at ls.fromTree (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:64:17)
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:40:5
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
5 verbose stack at /Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/ls.js:46:5
5 verbose stack at thenHandleErrors (/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-tree/rpt.js:235:5)
6 verbose cwd /Users/USERNAME
7 verbose Darwin 16.6.0
8 verbose argv “/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/node” “/Users/USERNAME/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/bin/npm” “list” “-g” “—depth=0”
9 verbose node v8.1.4
10 verbose npm v5.0.3
11 error code EINVALIDTAGNAME
12 error Invalid tag name “—depth=0”: Tags may not have any characters that encodeURIComponent encodes.
13 verbose exit [ 1, true ]