Ionic 3 android project not building anymore

Yess that link has helped me solve the new error by doing this:

For me I was able to fix it by removing the following line from project.properties:

cordova.system.library.12=com.android.support:support-v13:26.+

Before:

cordova.system.library.8=com.android.support:support-v4:24.1.1+

cordova.system.library.9=com.android.support:support-v4:26.+

After:

cordova.system.library.8=com.android.support:support-v4:24.1.1+

cordova.system.library.9=com.android.support:support-v4:26.+

2 Likes

alright, let’s hope it’s not from this push plugin, it’s an important part of native plugins in Ionic.

have a good day,

Yeah, I just had the same problem. Yesterday builds were fine, today this error. Removing the line fixed it for me as well.

As above, removing that line fixed this error for me. Made sure I downgraded cordova-android to 6.3.0 and using the 2.1.3 version of Phonegap-plugin-push instead of yesterday’s version.

Worked for me too, Thanks

Im coming in a little late, but I had something similar happen to me. When something was working for at least a day or two (the time in which I’ll have shut my machine down at least once), I try to do the absolute minimum to logically address the problem. The worst is trying to programatically fix it, next bad is environment changes (such as paths). The question to ask yourself is “have I done anything to change the build, such as an upgrade to java, or the ionic cli? If the answer is “no”, what is the minimum I can do the change the environment using the vendors (aka production) tools?” In my case, the answer was “no”, so I fired up Android Studio, opening a blank project, and closed Android Studio. Bingo, build worked, move on. I cringe when I see sof’s to change Gradle. Or, for something which was working and suddenly doesnt, the solution might be in uninstalling java and re-installing it, Im stunned.
Some that has worked for me EVERY SINGLE TIME when projects go south- ionic start a new template, add platform, build. If it doesnt then yeah, you’ve got a real problem, but you’ve largely (tho not yet entirely) ruled out plugins.If your cli is recent, you’ve largely ruled out that. Add plugins, rinse and repeat.
Finally, I suggest you understand what effect the caret has in package.json.

What this line indicate ? I mean why we have to remove that line ?