You’ll be working remotely and communicating directly with CTO, Head of Product and the rest of Mad Paws team, located in Sydney, Australia
Mad Paws was founded in 2014 and is now Australia’s largest marketplace for pet sitting and pet-related services serving over 500,000 pets on our database; the platform allows pet owners to search for pet sitters in their local area and find someone to look after their best friend when they’re not around.
The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working towards creating the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard, whilst also making sure to never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
We’ll need you to be available online for scheduled comms between 2pm and 6pm Sydney time.
- You will be part of our agile product development team and will be directly involved in solution finding and creating the most amazing mobile experience on the market for our community of passionate pet lovers
- Acting as a technical lead, you’ll be working with our cross-functional team and responsible for taking our ionic hybrid mobile apps to the next level by delivering new features and improvements
- Working closely with CTP and Head of Product you’ll be contributing your own ideas to the roadmap and the continual improvement of the mobile app and underlining platform
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices
- While your technical skills are of paramount importance in this role, being able to simplify concepts and communicate with non-technical team members and our users will also be critical to success in this role. All communications will be done in English.
- 2+ years of experience with modern JS frameworks like Angular, React or Vue.js
- Strong experience with app development
- Experience using test frameworks - e.g. Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, Protractor, etc.
- A focus on detail pushing wireframes and mockups through to production
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
How to apply
Please send us a cover letter including the following points to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interesting information about you and how you address the skills and requirements for the role
- The most difficult API/library/software bug you’ve squashed
- The most technically impressive thing you’ve ever built
- The largest deployment you’ve worked on
- Links to your portfolio/GitHub profile or code samples to help us get a feel for how you write code
- your time zone
NO AGENCIES PLEASE