Ionic 2 with Bash on Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

So the Windows 10 Anniversary Update just hit and I am excited to try out the Ubuntu Bash console. Have done a quick search on the forums and other sites but have hit nothing. Anyone know if Ionic works with Bash on Windows?? I would really appreciate a quick guide to get it up and running.

Thanks!

Bump: Anyone out there who has tried Ionic with Windows 10 Bash?

I was trying this today but I didn’t manage to get it to work.
npm and ionic install perfectly, project is created fine but running ionic serve gives some access errors even when running as administrator.

Here is an example:

Caught exception:
 Error: watch /mnt/d/Development/Projects/milkshake/www/gamedb/app/node_modules/@angular/compiler/src/view_compiler/expression_converter.js EPERM
at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
at FSWatcher.start (fs.js:1234:19)
at Object.fs.watch (fs.js:1262:11)
at createFsWatchInstance (/mnt/d/Development/Projects/milkshake/www/gamedb/app/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:37:15)
at setFsWatchListener (/mnt/d/Development/Projects/milkshake/www/gamedb/app/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:80:15)
at FSWatcher.NodeFsHandler._watchWithNodeFs (/mnt/d/Development/Projects/milkshake/www/gamedb/app/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:228:14)
at FSWatcher.NodeFsHandler._handleFile (/mnt/d/Development/Projects/milkshake/www/gamedb/app/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:255:21)
at FSWatcher.<anonymous> (/mnt/d/Development/Projects/milkshake/www/gamedb/app/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:473:21)
at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:82:15)

According to this post Bash on Windows 10 does not yet support file watchers, thus the reason it fails.

Thanks for updating! I guess we’ll have to wait for those fixes then.

I’m able to get ionic serve to work when i use --nolivereload.