Ionic 2 back button iOS - ion-page container remains

Hi everyone.

I am using ionic 2 beta 8. On iOS, I have noticed if I tap the back button to navigate back through the stack, sometimes I come across a bug that leaves the last page in the DOM. This happens if I repeatedly tap the back button 3 or 4 times in quick succession. While the content of the page has moved using the translateX css, the container of the page is still there, blocking any button presses on the page that should be visible. Just wondering if this is a known issue and if a fix is coming. Cheers

Cordova CLI: 6.1.1
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.1
Gulp local: Local version 3.9.1
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-beta.8
Ionic CLI Version: 2.0.0-beta.32
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.0.0-beta.18
ios-deploy version: 1.8.6
ios-sim version: 5.0.8
Node Version: v0.12.7
Xcode version: Xcode 7.3.1 Build version 7D1014

Hi cdelambert,

for a pure coincidence today while developing I came across the same exact problem you described while trying the app under Chrome emulating how it would behave on IPhone (ionic@2.11.3).

Unfortunately I didn’t find any additional reference to the problem. Did you manage to find a solution ? Possibly this has just something to do with the emulation under Chrome but working without problems on the actual device ?

[UPDATE]

I managed to find a pretty decent workaround:

in app.ts instead of calling ionicBootstrap(MyApp);

use:

ionicBootstrap(MyApp, [], {
pageTransition: ‘md-transition’
});

so as to force the android page transition for each platform.

There’s still a small glitch for iOS when going back on the stack (in some cases 2 pages are popped rathen than 1) but at least for me it’s a decent solution