Ion-scroll doesn't recognize parent div

Hello, I’ve been struggling lately with the Ionic scroll. Because of all the libraries of Ionic I’m not sure if there is an easier way to show the code and the problem to you. I put all the code in a JSfiddle for easier readability.

The problem I’m having is that the Ionic Scroll function doesn’t work properly when I put an element next to the ion-scroll element. The element should take width 100% and adjust it according to the parent element, but it totally ignores it.

The above picture is scrolled all the way to the right, and you can see the furthest right image is not shown. There is no way for me to get there. A friend suggested an empty image at the end to fix this, but I don’t think this is a clean solution.

Please help me fix this issue. I know it has to do with the element next to the ion scroll.

Any way you could put a working example of this in a codepen?

Ionic has several codepens you can use, just fork one of their codepens here and modify it to use your code.

Thanks brandyshea, I’ll add a codepen to the question. I already fiddled around with some elements and finally got it working. I’ll post the solution tomorrow.