[INVALID] Upgrade to Node 7.0.0 => Warnings in webpack build

Hey,

Today I upgrade my local node from version 5 to 7.0.0 and when I run now ionic serve I get the following warning:

[22:07:36] webpack started …

(node:8567) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): TypeError: chalk[color] is not a function

(node:8567) DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

[22:07:37] copy finished in 5.67 s
[22:07:49] webpack finished in 12.81 s

Prior my node upgrade I didn’t had these warnings. Do they come from my app or from any libraries? Anyone have got an idea? I mean I don’t use “chalk” or at least I don’t reference it directly with my package.json

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I think it’s safer to stick to the LTS version of Node i.e. 6.9.1 for the time being.

thx for the answer @mirkonasato agree with you, would be maybe better.

on my mac I also run my node/express.js server developpment environment, which run now with node 7.0.0 as my real “prod” server. Therefore, maybe because I feel a little bit lazy, if possible, I would like to run both with same Node stable version, make things just a little easier

side notes: I shipped yesterday a new internal test version of my for iPhone and Android App built with Node 7.0.0. Till yet, no more bugs (as usual) were reported and seems linked to that version

I use nvm to keep multiple Node versions on my machine: https://github.com/creationix/nvm

I don’t know if there are any specific reasons not to use Node 7, but since it’s pretty new I would guess many tools like Cordova and Ionic haven’t been tested much with that version yet.

thx for the hints, good call

yep agree with you…maybe I gonna see how it works a couple of days more before, need to finish some functionnalities first, and then see what to do with that

for the record, I noticed that this warning pop up on “ionic serve” but not on “ionic build”

@mirkonasato may I ask you, with RC.3 may now Node > 7 be te right version to use now? did you “hear” something about that?

in following post, they had problem using ionic serve after upgrading and both solved their issue by upgrading node…

@reedrichards haven’t heard anything about that. I would be very surprised if 6.9.1 that is the LTS (Long Term Support) version of Node was not supported.

oki doki thx for the feedback. gonna keep an eye on that. also I didn’t noticed if I still had the warning listed here above, I should have a look closer

Don’t face the warning anymore and published my app in store with node 7.2.1

Therefor I close the issue.