How to resize app when soft keyboard is shown on Windows surface tablet

I have an Ionic 4 / Angular cordova based application (Ionic info at end of post).

I am currently using Cordova windows 6.0.1 due to this issue. All seems to work fine except for this what this question is about.

When I select an input field on a Windows Surface tablet, the keyboard covers the input field, ie the application does not reduce it’s height as it does on iOS and Android (it works fine on these other two platforms).

When I view what is happening on a working Android device (using chrome://inspect), I notice the height of the element with selector ion-appmd ion-page hydrated is reduced from 616px to 325px.

I have not found a way to do the same debugging on remote Windows device, so I can’t investigate this, however I assume the above is just not happening.

I found this post which makes sense to me as it looks to be adjusting the height of ion-app. I have copied that code, (got rid of the jquery), but my problem is that the keyboardDidShow event just does not seem to fire when I invoke the keyboard on the surface (I Have logging I send to the server so I can see this is not happening). I have since found that the keyboard plugin only supports iOS and Android, so I need to find some other way to make this work for Windows

To gt the notification, I could create a directive and hook into each inputs onFocus event, but I then do not know how to get the keyboard height (so I know how much to resize the app element).

Has anyone found a way to make this work on Windows?

Thanks in advance

Ionic info

Ionic:

Ionic CLI                     : 5.2.3 (C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ionic)
       Ionic Framework               : @ionic/angular 4.11.3
       @angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.802.0
       @angular-devkit/schematics    : 8.2.0
       @angular/cli                  : 8.2.0
       @ionic/angular-toolkit        : 2.0.0

Cordova:

Cordova CLI       : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
       Cordova Platforms : android 8.1.0, windows 6.0.1
       Cordova Plugins   : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 4.1.3, (and 12 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : 0.7.0-testing.0
       native-run  : 0.2.8

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Android\sdk)
       NodeJS            : v10.15.3 (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe)
       npm               : 6.4.1
       OS                : Windows 10