There is one scenario where this would be extremely useful... effectively a way to manually call a components ngOnInit() method. Consider this scenario:
- I'm at the root page of my app, which has tabs
- I navigate to a screen from the first tab
- Before navigating I lose connection to the internet
- I show a "Not connected" message and retry until connection is restored
- Upon restoring the connection, i want to refresh the screen that I was navigating to
In order to do this in a clean modular way, I would like to know what the "current view" is, and then "refresh" or "re-init" that view. In the reactive way, I would have to subscribe to a "reconnected" event for every view in my app, which I definitely don't want to do.
Any thoughts on a better way to do this?