Handling parameters in root config.xml or AndroidManifest.xml?

Once, I edited AndroidManifest.xml of my Ionic/Android project and everything worked as expected.

An example of modification could be: android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light.NoActionBar to change Android Theme.

One day, I deleted my local projet and then re-downloaded it from my git repo.
At this time, I realized the .gitignore contained platforms/ dir which contained AndroidManifest.xml file !!! Sh***!!! I lost my work!!!

What is the right solution to deal with this problem?

• Should I include AndroidManifest.xml in my git repo?
  • Is there a way to set higher level parameters in root config.xml sothat AndroidManifest.xml is updated when building? It seems possible because I saw something like: <preference name="orientation" value="portrait" /> This way, I will never need to touch to AndroidManifest.xml and no need to upload it on git.

PS: I saw nothing on documentation about how to use config.xml. Did I miss something?

Bump… Would like to know this also

No answer :frowning:

Is my question dumb? Or it’s just there is currently no way to handle it in Ionic?

I would also like to know about this, currently there are suggestions to update your AndroidMainfest.xml file with things like

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />

But this never makes it up to github? This also seems to be an issue with the plugin folder and any plugins that you have installed need to be reinstalled.