Handling native Accounts&Sync like WhatsApp/Telegram

Hi there,

my question is: How do I manage the native sync processes on the device?

I would really like to do something, that WhatsApp and Telegram allready and seemlessly do. Is it also possible with Ionic/Cordova?

When someone wants to actively use WhatsApp or Telegram the first time, he or she needs to run a register process by the phone number. If I was registered with this number before, the register process will notice this. Okay … nice and dandy.

Details:

After starting the WhatsApp/Telegram-App the native accounts&sync processes will be increased with a new process. It’s a new WhatsApp/Telegram account reffering to the result of the registration above. If you look at your system settings on Android (Settings>Accounts&Sync>WhatsApp/Telegram) you can access the settings of this account that got appended to the native sync processes. Even your native contacts list will be updated with a special field showing that this contact uses WhatsApp/Telegram.

This I want to do, too. I want to handle that processes/accounts in Accounts&Sync. Where to get a start point with this, when I want to build this on Ionic/Cordova? What plugins I’m searching for?

Thanks to -you- for any hints and advices. Greeeeets :slight_smile:

Post ionic info. You left out some key items.

Sure :slight_smile:

cli packages: (C:\Users\B\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.19.0
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.19.0

global packages:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.0.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.6
Cordova Platforms  : android 7.0.0 browser 5.0.3
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1
Node              : v6.11.0
npm               : 3.10.10
OS                : Windows 7

Environment Variables:

ANDROID_HOME : C:\Users\B\AppData\Local\Android\sdk

Misc:

backend : legacy

Top priority: update to the current Node LTS.
Issue to keep in mind: many Cordova plugins don’t work with Android 7 yet. You may need to dial back to 6.x.

Since you are just starting with this (I’m guessing) you might want to be part of the test of Ionic Native 5. Look at the newest post on the Ionic blog about that.

And after upgrading NodeJS and downgrading the Android api target to version 6.x, what plugins am I looking for, but the cordova-plugin-contacts (https://ionicframework.com/docs/native/contacts/) I allready implemented?

Anyone any hints, but beeing up to date?