Google Rejected my app

Hi,

I hope i get help, i uploaded my app feed reader, but google rejected it. : REASON FOR REJECTION:Violation of the Prohibited Actions provision of the Content Policy.

After a regular review, we have determined that your app enables background playing of YouTube videos, which is a violation of the YouTube API Terms of Service:

“Your API Client will not, and You will not encourage or create functionality for Your users or other third parties to: (8) separate, isolate, or modify the audio or video components of any YouTube audiovisual content made available through the YouTube API;”

What my app basically does is, it gets feeds from different sources like yahoo and reddit.
Home>People Feeds>Go to list of people feeds.

I got some Gaming feeds and others.

How can I avoid loading Youtube videos to avoid the YouTube API violation? i want to upload my app.

Hope you can help me, Please reply to this or message me personally.

Thanks

I think in your feeds are many youtube videos and you are accessing data without having a youtube api-key.
And to play those videos you should use the youtube player api.

do not know what they mean with “background playing”… because the explanation does not say anything about it.

But maybe you are parsing videos of reddit and does not know that it is a youtube video… so you need to rethink how your app works.
For youtube you should use the youtube api --> getting channels, getting videos --> put the video in the player.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply… Do you know how should I include it on my codes?

I have the same problem, Did u come up with anything ?

I don’t assume people will fix it for you.
But you have to figure out how the content is being returned from the specific Social media platforms.

then you should be able to google or write a regex which will parse these snippets. Then you just make sure you use the matches to call the youtube API’s instead.