Global + per-view nav-buttons causing animation issues

I am building an app with a global nav-bar.

I have some buttons that I would like to always appear on the nav-bar and so I’ve defined them outside of the ion-nav-view. I have other buttons which are specific to a certain view, so they are defined within the template that gets loaded into the ion-nav-view.

In some cases, I want to remove a “global” button as we enter a specific view, where a view specific button is added (so as not to clutter the nav-bar). In this case, the nav-bar title width is often being calculated wrong (too small) and the “global” buttons appear and disappear late and often “fall off” the nav-bar, appearing below. However, all this only happens in the ripple emulator or in the iOS simulator, running the same code in a plain web browser works perfectly.

To illustrate, I’ve created a code pen: http://codepen.io/hds/pen/qEOqdY

The code pen works perfectly in the web browser, but if you create an app from it and run it in a simulator, the problems with the buttons appears.

I’m not even sure if what I’m doing is supported, but since it works fine in browser, it would be great if I could get this working on devices as well.

Thanks in advance for any help, ideas, or pointers!

This just turned out to be that the problem is fixed in the Ionic nightlies. So it’s all fine - can’t find any way to delete this topic though.