Getting user information with User Service

I recently switched from using my own Couch/PouchDB user login/authentication system to using the built in services Auth and User from the @ionic/cloud-angular Services library. Now I am stuck in a pretty bad way. I would like for users to be able to view other users profiles, but I can’t seem to find any possible way of getting user information from that service for anything except the logged in user. The best way I can think to describe the desired feature is with Instagram. When someone makes a post, or a comment on a post, you can click their avatar and go to their profile page. I am wanting to do something similar, but using the User services, and I can’t find a way to get the user information. Getting the logged in user is easy, just grab the this.user.details, but I need information from a different user, one that is not logged in. Is there any possible way to do this? If not, what is the best way to implement this without having a massive duplication of data (one with the User service, and an exact duplicate on a private database). I would rather not have that, because it makes it far too messy and too easy for things to get out of sync. Thank you in advance for any help. If anyone needs code samples of what I have I will be happy to share them.