ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY on GET/POST from android device in production mode

Description:
I don’t know what the hell we have done, but from a few days we are not able to do a GET/POST from android devices in production mode.

If we do ionic cordova run android everything is fine but this naturally is not the same as run ionic cordova run android --prod, in this case the app is running not in the “browser” and in this case the GET/POST returns with this error:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY

We also revert to old working versions, but it is not working anymore, some ideas?

Honestly no idea if the problem is coming from ionic-cli, or ionic-angular.
But the fact is, we reverted anything but it doesn’t work anymore. Perhaps is is a problem with cordova?

We created a new project with ionic start, added the android platform and added a simple http.get

this.http.get('http://192.168.8.1/blalba')
                    .subscribe((data) => {
                        console.log('data: ', data);
                    },
                    (error) => {
                        console.log('error: ', error);
                    });

and run it with, ionic cordova run android --prod. But there is still the same problem.

We googled and found nothing about it.

Did you notice also the exception?

My ionic info:

global packages:

@ionic/cli-utils : 1.4.0
    Cordova CLI      : 7.0.1 
    Ionic CLI        : 3.4.0

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts              : 1.3.8
    @ionic/cli-plugin-cordova       : 1.4.0
    @ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular : 1.3.1
    Cordova Platforms               : android 6.2.3
    Ionic Framework                 : ionic-angular 3.4.2-201706271925

System:

Node       : v6.11.0
    OS         : Linux 4.10
    Xcode      : not installed
    ios-deploy : not installed
    ios-sim    : not installed
    npm        : 5.0.4

• What device are you testing on?
  • Is it maybe absolutely overloaded with data?
  • Do other apps work as expected?
  • You only get this error when running the app with --prod?

ionic info looks fine, although I don’t advise people to use nightly for anything serious… 3.4.2 is new enough :wink:

Same device, same server anything same.

As I wrote, we also downgrade to much older version. Also on branches which for sure we know they was working!

Could there something be cached, some files which doesn’t reverted as expected on downgrading?

I could try to checkout older branch in a new folder, and not checkout it in the same folder deleting only node_modules folder.

You answered lots of questions I didn’t ask :wink: Please answer the once I posted.

Current guess: Device is strange/broken.

Sorry if it was not clear :slight_smile:

With same device I intended, it is the same device as one week ago where it does work, and now it is not broken or has no strange behavior. :thumbsup:

@Sujan12 you were right!!!
After rebooting the Android tablet, the error disappeared and the app works again!!

So first of all, it was not a problem of angular, but a problem of Android Device / Cordova. Does anyone know how can this happen, and how we can this prevent?