Does ionic supports windows phone 8+?

Your missing a few core points:

1. wp8 is of no use
  2. windows is the way to go for 8.1 and 10 (APPX) you have to use the platform from GIT version and look at the ISSUES for updates and undocumented settings

Your angular app will not work if you don’t include the SHIM provided by MSDN.

So far it works perfectly for me the only GUI issue i had is that tab-item that i fixed today.

How to deploy to a windows phone , i am using lumia 635. for wp8 platform i used to open the solution into visual studio and deploy to atached device,

I made a build to windows platform but can not find the device into VS to deploy into.

This is what i’ve done so far:

While cordova may support WP8, ionic is not supporting windows phone for the time being.
It’s a bit in flux ATM and not really worth it.

Even not being supported, in my case i need to build to wp8, the only thing that remains to build an app, that already works on Android, to WP8, is to store files using cordova.file and file-transfer

The error message i get is code 3: abort_error.

My code is here : http://plnkr.co/edit/SIX6dudoOXc713JWycA3?p=info

@mhartington strange… my app works perfectly

It may work in some cases, it may not work in others. It’s not a priority for us

hi guys our team deployed app for android and ios but now we have to port this app to wp8 too
All features works properly but i notice a poor scroll i have tried js and native scrolling but in the first case i have a poor scrolling up and down in the second case the down scroll i worth than with js scrolling but when i want to scroll up it works like a charm do you know how can i fix it?

Did you try on VS retarget to windows 8.1

i have added new platform as windows but im not able to launch app in my phone it start only on my pc
Nevermind. unlike what they say in network that we have to disable bouncing on wp8 i enabled it and turned off js scrolling and now whole app run smooth rather better than on android

In my case i just retarget to windows phone 8.1 (command available into visual studio into the solution explorer tab) and it work´s fine.

1 Like

thanks man this solve 1-2 issue i encountered before

1 Like

I don’t know if this is late or something… but i managed to fixed the bug
If you still active holla back

Nope. Everything is working OK. Its sad however that they said that they do not support windows.
Lots of companies are still using nokia/windows phone :frowning:

Try onsen … it does support it

1 Like

Thanks. Tried. Its really simple the doc is really better. However ionic ecosystem is bigger and have more services. If they’ll had a build system like phonegap would be really nice.

1 Like

You working on something? if yes just inbox me, won’t ask details… just need some inspiration… been lazy these days

@mhartington When will Windows phone be priority? I have been waiting for it for very long looooooooong time already …

Windows Phone and FirefoxOS support is on our roadmap

So far, that’s the only official explanation from Ionic. It would be great if can share with us some info about the plan.

We will not be supporting WP8.
We may support W10 with V1, but we will definitely support W10 with V2.

3 Likes

This old but I made it builds and run on windows 10. You have to “ionic build windows” and afterwards build it again on VS2015 (the one I’ve used as of today). Then on the tabs go to Project > Store > Create a new package (the one that is built by cordova does not work 11 out of 10 times) and voila you have a win 10, ios and android multi platform app :wink:

2 Likes