Crosswalk Integration Beta in Ionic CLI (v1.3.2)

OK updated and it’s working properly on my side.
Still the issue with the Splashscreen though

The splashscreen has now been fixed : Splashscreen on Android doesn't work (only showing white screen for 2 seconds)

Amazing thank you very much.

Now it worked i.e. after removing it
(cordova plugin rm org.apache.cordova.splashscreen)
and adding it again directly from the git repo
(cordova plugin add https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen.git)
the splash screen is back.
Many thanks to @dkeane for the hint.

Is anyone getting an error that the AndroidManifest.xml can not be found?

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring root project ‘android’.

A problem occurred configuring project ‘:org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk:example754964-xwalk_core_library’.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\intellij\projects\n_view\platforms\android\org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk\example754964-xwalk_core_library\AndroidManifest.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

• Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
BUILD FAILED

Total time: 2.852 secs

D:\intellij\projects\n_view\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:126
throw e;
^
Error code 1 for command: cmd with args: /s /c "D:\intellij\projects\n_view\platforms\android\gradlew cdvBuildDebug -b D:\intellij\projects\n_view\platforms\android\build.gradle -PcdvBuildArch=arm -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true"
Error: D:\intellij\projects\n_view\platforms\android\cordova\run.bat: Command failed with exit code 8
at ChildProcess.whenDone (C:\Users\skassam\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-lib\src\cordova\superspawn.js:135:23)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:766:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:833:5)

Hi @jbavari1. I upgraded to 1.3.3 and crosswalk 10 (@10.39.235.15) because Google Play gave me a OpenSSL alert with the previous crosswalk version. You wrote that by now the two architectures (x86/arm7) should get built by default. But unfortunately I can only build one APK for both architectures. Setting BUILD_MULTIPLE_ARCHS=true which worked before doesn’t work anymore. Is there a chance to force building 2 separate APKs if the default isn’t working?

Hi. I upgraded to crosswalk@12.40.283.0 and ionic.Platform.exitApp(), navigator.app.exitApp() and navigator.device.exitApp() doesnt work anymore…

Crosswalk - exitApp()

Do you have any errors with the android SDK update @astrocrack? Is it failing to find the android SDK tools to install or failing to find the android SDK?

Regarding the splash screen - im trying to work with the cordova team to push out the latest for the splashscreen plugin. Bear with us guys!

Thanks to @ronycohen and @dkeane for sharing the knowledge to fix it!

Hey, Did you managee to get it working ?

Works perfectly for me, but I have one question:

Why is the crosswalk library rebuilt every time I run ionic run android?
(At least that’s what it looks like to me, it involves gradle, takes a long time and spams my console with things like :org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk:dubme-xwalk_core_library

Is there a way to make building faster?

For me its not splitting into 2 apks, but one big combined apk. At some point I was getting 2 apks, but then I upgraded several thins to fix other errors like splash screens and icons etc. So everything else is sorted now but my apk is not getting split into 2. I have tried recreating everything from scratch but no luck.

Yah for me also as @neffets said, its not producing 2 apks, just one big apk and the environment variable no longer applies. earlier it was producing 2.

Hey, did you manage to produce the 2 versions after jbavari’s update?

@jbavari1 has answer this question in other thread

RE:Crosswalk - Enabling the Android Move To SD Card Feature

After updating ionic cli to 1.3.3, if I run:

ionic platform add android

It adds the plugin org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk:

Running command: /home/steinn/Projects/xaskapp/hooks/after_platform_add/010_install_plugins.js /home/steinn/Projects/xaskapp
Installing "org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk" for android

If I just add crosswalk browser, and compiling after it, I got the error “missing AndroidManifest.xml”.
So I need to remove the plugin before I run ionic add browser crosswalk.
Then I add the browser, the plugin installs again and now I can build successfully.

Steps:

ionic platform add android
ionic plugins remove org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk
ionic browser add crosswalk
ionic build android

Someone else had the same problem?

i have the same problem… did you fix it?

I have the same error
did you fix itr?

same error here with the plugin cordova imagepicker

@xMarston I’m having that same WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE issue also, here’s my logs.

:processDebugManifest/Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/AndroidManifest.xml:33:9 Error:
	Element activity#com.facebook.LoginActivity at AndroidManifest.xml:33:9 duplicated with element declared at AndroidManifest.xml:21:9
/Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/AndroidManifest.xml:37:5 Error:
	Element uses-permission#android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE at AndroidManifest.xml:37:5 duplicated with element declared at AndroidManifest.xml:36:5
/Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/AndroidManifest.xml:0:0 Error:
	Validation failed, exiting
 FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugManifest'.
> Manifest merger failed with multiple errors, see logs

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 20.022 secs

/Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:126
                    throw e;
                          ^
Error code 1 for command: /Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/gradlew with args: assembleDebug,-b,/Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/build.gradle,-Dorg.gradle.daemon=true
Error: /Users/Comfy-Blitz/Development/Unbill/mobile/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 8
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:756:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:823:5)

This actually happens after I add in my plugins, it looks like one plugin is adding this line

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

And another adds this line

<uses-permission android:maxSdkVersion="18" android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />