Create new app with JavaScript instead of TypeScript

I know this subject has been brought up before, but I just want to add my +1 to this: It would be really nice if there were an option to create new apps with JavaScript instead of TypeScript. I’ve seen/implemented the code changes in the documentation that tells you how to convert the TS app to a JS app, but it would be nice if this could be achieved with just an option to the script that creates the app.

Having worked on large codebases, I understand the need for stricter types - but I’ve also seen most languages that compile to JavaScript come and go. Much-talked-about languages such as CoffeeScript and hundreds of others are now used by almost no one - and it’s possible that the same thing will happen to TypeScript, given that ECMAScript will probably implement optional stricter typing natively in a few years, rendering TypeScript obsolete.

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback! At the moment, we do not have plans to introduce JavaScript starter options. We want our starters to ship with the tools that are important for building scalable apps, and we feel that TypeScript is one of those tools.

As you noted, you can quickly get setup with a JavaScript-only Ionic Vue app by following the steps we have in our docs. I will leave the link here for others who wish to do the same: https://ionicframework.com/docs/vue/quickstart#build-your-way-with-typescript-or-javascript