Cordova splashscreen plugin breaks ios build

I have node v.0.10.30, latest ionic (should be beta 11, just updated via npm, with ionic -v I see 1.1.9).
I am on Mac.

If I add the cordova splashscreen plugin (cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.splashscreen) than I cannot emulate or build on ios.

ionic emulate ios returns:
[…]
Failed to load dependencies output contents from ``/Users/matteo/Development/test/mytest/platforms/ios/build/mytest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/mytest.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVSplashScreen.d’’. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 “The file “CDVSplashScreen.d” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.”
[…]

If I remove the plugin it works.

I don’t know if it is my environment that has some problem: now when I launch the app on my android phone (ionic run android) I just see the back header button, but testing on browser works and it works on iOS too, without the splashscreen plugin.

Thank you for your time,
Matteo

Adding plugins breaks build

I see that I can reproduce this problem with a fresh ionic app started from the seed (ionic start test).
If I add the cordova splashscreen plugin then “ionic emulate ios” returns the error

I’ve had this error before too. The error is that when you do

cordova add plugin [plugin_name]

and then

ionic build ios

the plugins aren’t being copied into the following directory:

[app]/platforms/ios/[app]/Plugins

I solve this by copying just the necessary *.h and *.m files with the corresponding folder name.

Hope this helps.

I solved the problem by opening Xcode and deleting the two plugins files (.h and .m) then adding again the plugin via cordova plugin add. In Xcode I saw these two plugin files in red instead of black. I think that the CLI add command wasn’t able to add the plugin files to the platform directory for some reason.