Cordova splashscreen plugin breaks ios build

I have node v.0.10.30, latest ionic (should be beta 11, just updated via npm, with ionic -v I see 1.1.9).
I am on Mac.

If I add the cordova splashscreen plugin (cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.splashscreen) than I cannot emulate or build on ios.

ionic emulate ios returns:
[…]
Failed to load dependencies output contents from ``/Users/matteo/Development/test/mytest/platforms/ios/build/mytest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/mytest.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVSplashScreen.d’’. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 “The file “CDVSplashScreen.d” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.”
[…]

If I remove the plugin it works.

I don’t know if it is my environment that has some problem: now when I launch the app on my android phone (ionic run android) I just see the back header button, but testing on browser works and it works on iOS too, without the splashscreen plugin.

Thank you for your time,
Matteo

I see that I can reproduce this problem with a fresh ionic app started from the seed (ionic start test).
If I add the cordova splashscreen plugin then “ionic emulate ios” returns the error

I’ve had this error before too. The error is that when you do

cordova add plugin [plugin_name]

and then

ionic build ios

the plugins aren’t being copied into the following directory:

[app]/platforms/ios/[app]/Plugins

I solve this by copying just the necessary *.h and *.m files with the corresponding folder name.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I solved the problem by opening Xcode and deleting the two plugins files (.h and .m) then adding again the plugin via cordova plugin add. In Xcode I saw these two plugin files in red instead of black. I think that the CLI add command wasn’t able to add the plugin files to the platform directory for some reason.