Can't run new. ionic v3 project with m1 macbook pro

I made new ionic v3 project with command

ionic start teethProject --type=ionic-angular

but just making project cause problem.

check python checking for Python executable "python2" in the PATH
gyp verb `which` failed Error: not found: python2
gyp verb `which` failed     at getNotFoundError (/Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:13:12)
gyp verb `which` failed     at F (/Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:68:19)
gyp verb `which` failed     at E (/Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:80:29)
gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:89:16
gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/isexe/index.js:42:5
gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/isexe/mode.js:8:5
gyp verb `which` failed     at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:192:21)
gyp verb `which` failed  python2 Error: not found: python2
gyp verb `which` failed     at getNotFoundError (/Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:13:12)
gyp verb `which` failed     at F (/Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:68:19)
gyp verb `which` failed     at E (/Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:80:29)
gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/which/which.js:89:16
gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/isexe/index.js:42:5
gyp verb `which` failed     at /Users/pedrojung/Downloads/ionic-allteeth-master/temporal/newtemp/eiek/myApp/node_modules/isexe/mode.js:8:5
gyp verb `which` failed     at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:192:21) {
gyp verb `which` failed   code: 'ENOENT'
gyp verb `which` failed }
gyp verb check python checking for Python executable "python" in the PATH
gyp verb `which` failed Error: not found: python

what is weired is…
when I make project with ionic v4 it works,
but problem happend when I make project with v3.
I only have python3 installed. and seems that I can’t install python2 in m1 mac.

pedrojung@pedroui-MacBookPro eiek % python --version
zsh: command not found: python
pedrojung@pedroui-MacBookPro eiek % python3 --version  
Python 3.9.10

how can I deal with it ?

you can’t. you should just build with i5 or i6.

@Hills90210 really? Like I just can’t dev on ionic if I have a Mac Silicon processor?

Ionic v3 and its associated tooling was discontinued long before Apple Silicon was released. If you are starting a new app we recommend building with the latest version of Ionic v6. That version (and its tooling) has full support for Apple Silicon.

Does that mean that if my console output for:
➜ ~ ionic -v

is:

then I’m good?

That is the version of the Ionic CLI, not Ionic Framework.

Running ionic info in your project will tell you which version of Ionic Framework you have installed.

1 Like

Okay:

Ionic:

Ionic CLI       : 6.19.0 (/Users/juansero29/.nvm/versions/node/v16.15.0/lib/node_modules/@ionic/cli)
   Ionic Framework : @ionic/react 6.1.4

Seems I’m good!