Can I build a grading system with ionic?

I’m really am a noob in ionic so I am currently having ionic tutorials because I want to create a hybrid grading system for our thesis/capstone. Though I’m having second though if I can create it with ionic and also I see some who are building cross platform are having lots of problem. Does anyone of you think that it is possible to do it? My targeted platforms are android, ios, windows and also I’m planning to deploy it online as a web app. I still have 1 and a half year to learn new language so I’m deciding now what I can should.
Some of what I’m trying to achive in the system are:

1. can check attendance
  2. automatic grade computation
  3. rank students
  4. qr code as a login method
  5. sync data from phone to the cloud database
  6. printing reports

Hi there,

Im currently using Ionic for a final year project, coupled with a web app as well, so I can kinda speak to ya here. Firstly no one can tell you definitively unless you give more detail than that.

For a simple grading system, nothing that I can think of couldn’t be done with an ionic application. The only question comes if your looking to use some specific native functionality but Ionic is pretty good for that too.

The only reason I’d see you not using Ionic for something like that is if you already have some experience with Android or iOS development. But more information on the functionality of the app would be helpful.

I’ve edited my post with some of the things i want to achieve using ionic in doing the system

1. can check attendance
    That ones interesting, do you mean it will check if someone is in the room for a lecture or list the lectures they have attended or both?

2. automatic grade computation
    As long as you can provide the data in some manor then no reason you cant do that though depending on your use case you may want to of load the processing to your backend.

3. rank students
    You got the information to rank them by? Then thats not an issue

4. qr code as a login method
    Have just been working with someone thats using the ngCordova barcode scanner and yup you could do that. You could even make that the way that your students are recorded for being at a lecture, as long as they don’t cheekily take a picture of it anyway.

5. sync data from phone to the cloud database
    You have ALOT of options here. Mainly depends on whether you want offline support or not. But yes no issue there.

6. printing reports
    No problem, just add angular-formly with the Ionic templates to the app and you can even generate different forms depending on the type of report