BuzzUp built with Ionic -- Material design

I think @ghprod is talking about the back button that rotates.

Hello @siddhartha!

I downloaded your app. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrongā€¦ but is this build with AngularJS + IonicFramework and a lot of CSS ( for Material Design ) or is there something else you did in order to have Android Lollipop theme look?

Thank you.

Yes it it built with AngularJS, Ionic and very little cutsom CSS.

577 lines of development format (pretty and not uglified) CSS code exactly.

waiting for IOS versionā€¦

Keep up the development !

Like!

@siddhartha do you still have plans for writing such blog post on customizing Ionic with Material Design look?
I want to read it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@siddhartha tha - I read this post about a week ago and the app was/is very nice. Since then Iā€™ve updated my Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 and there are issues with certain elements. I thought you should be aware if you arenā€™t already. Iā€™ve also had this issue with non Ionic apps running on the device. It seems as though the font size has been adjusted significantly on the 4.4.4 update. Even native android apps have different font sizes (everything is much smaller). In my current app Iā€™m developing, Iā€™m increasing the font-size of ionicons via simple css classes. Iā€™m about to dive in and test the positioning of the icons within buttons. Itā€™s also not just the icons, itā€™s simple text inside a button element also, itā€™s shifted up, similar to the icon Iā€™ve circled in the screenshot of your app.

1 Like

Hey @bradmartin
Thank you for your insights. So this happens on galaxy devices.
Actually I am rewriting most of the app now and planning to add more features. I will definitely ping you once done. May be you can give me your insights then.
Thanks for notifying me on this. I really appreciate it.

I just upgraded to 4.4.4 when I was prompted that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) had an upgrade pending. I think this is a bigger issue than just your app so Iā€™m going to post a new thread to get the Ionic guys to look into because itā€™s effecting the starter apps too when I run them on my device. Element/fonts arenā€™t aligning correctly, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s how the new Android 4.4.4 is scaling the fonts down. Even on other apps such as IGN, the font has been scaled down and it wasnā€™t an update to the app. Let me know when you get it done Iā€™d like to see the new features.

If you could ping in on this topic so we can get a response from the team or others to see if the issue is wide spread. Thanks @siddhartha

Hi @siddhartha,

Could you please show how you implemented Ionic-Swipe cards on the App? I used swipe-cards on Ionic App but it uses swipe-left and swipe-right events also instead of just using only swipe-down event as seen on your App.

Thanks in advance

Thanks to @max, he deserves all the credits http://ionicframework.com/demos/swipe-cards/

Hi @siddhartha,

I get it working fine but the cards get swiped-left/right instead of just being swiped-down. That looks a strange behaviour to me and I donā€™t see any much difference between the code from demo other than CSS tweak.

Hey @naveenkarippai1 Swipe down gesture is supported. Not left and right!

And also, you were integrating angular material, with your project right? Have a look at this also: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxvg6q27hjt2ewy/tourer.apk?dl=0