Button click inside ion-item not working

<button style="z-index:9999"ion-button (click)=“myButtonClickHandler()”>button</button

1 Like

In my case item-content was working but was modifying my styles inside the ion-item so I found the problem was the css of the ion.label that was not accepting pointer-events. Finally I solved like this:

button ion-label {
pointer-events: initial;
}

And also using $event.stopPropagation() in the click event

How can I have a play button along with a ion-radio and still be able to handle its (click) event.
I modified your plunker, then replaced the ion-grid,row/col with more like my template used for my user settings.
Please check it out here.
Clicks on the outer div are handled without triggering the radio button click not intended but interesting.
However I am not able configure the play button to trigger its (click) event

Thank you.
I am still in ionic3 :frowning:
What does exactly the attribute item-content do?

The following plunker closely matches my current template and ONLY the radio (click) handler is triggered, regardless where you click on the ion-item repeating element

In the following plunker I managed to get the Play button to trigger its (click) handler
I guess I will have to use the ngFor on a div rather than an ion-item

Interesting note on this 3rd plunkey the div handler is also triggered when the Play button is clicked even though its handler is doing event.stopPropagation(); ???

Having a ion-list of divs instead of ion-list of ion-items means I loose the framework formatting and have to fall back on CSS, which is not ideal.