Bug between testing app and publishing to google play store

I was able to build my first simple but functional android app using the ionic framework, but somewhere between testing the app and publishing to the play store, the app picked up a bug. I have changed the AndroidManifest.xml file to reflect the app as debuggable again, but the app still breaks with no details.

Is there something else i am missing to get the app back to a debuggable version for updating etc?

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

I followed the steps in Chapter 6 of the ionic book (http://ionicframework.com/docs/guide/publishing.html) to publish the app.

Thanks
Jasen

Hi @jasen,

The process in that guide is more complicated than it needs to be. I ran into all kinds of trouble when I followed it.

Instead try these steps:

Generate a keystore

keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Copy this keystore into platforms/android

Create an Ant properties file

Create a new file in platforms/android called ant.properties and add the following two lines:

key.store=yourkeystore.keystore
key.alias=yourkeystorealias

Now when you run “cordova build android --release” all building, signing, and zipaligning is done for you. The result should be as compatible as your debug build.

You can find more on this here:

2 Likes

hi @nicraboy

thanks for your reply. i have been a bit busy with my day job so my hobby taken a back seat for now, but when i get to implementing your suggestion i will let you know how i go.

go well

Jasen