Barcode system scanner

I want a barcode scanner that will allow the user to scan food products so that it can track the allergens within the product and to show the ingredients in that product. the user will specify what allergies they have and then the information from the product will indicate whether it is ok to consume. I want to add the information of the ingredients/ allergens into a firebase database so the barcode that has been scanned will fetch up the correct list for that product.

if you have any knowledge on this I would really be grateful for your help

thank you

Sounds very doable from a technical point of view.

More important: Where do you get the barcode/product -> ingredients/allergens list from? That’s your key asset…

the barcode system will be the ng cordova plugin

the ingredients and allergen list is from http://uk.openfoodfacts.org/allergens

i just need to know how i would code and set it up in the firebase database so that when the barcode is scanned it would fetch the correct data. i also need to know how i would allow the user to filter the different allergens before using the scanner

thanks

jessica

i just need to know how i would code and set it up in the firebase database so that when the barcode is scanned it would fetch the correct data.

Get the data in the database. Scan the barcode, ask the database for data of this EAN. Output the data.

i also need to know how i would allow the user to filter the different allergens before using the scanner

Normalize the different allergens to it’s own database table. Create a user table, create some code that can connect users to allergens. Only output allergens the user has selected after scanning and reading from the database.

that doesnt really help i dont know how id get the data into the database and then get the output of the allergens

Then you are in the wrong place - because that is the requirement before you can even start to think about getting it into an Ionic app. I suggest you find a place, book, forum, … where you can learn about server side applications with databases.

Hi there I have something like this almost completed if youre interested

Hello
I am interested. please send me email at indiaphpexpert@gmail.com