Are these missing libs causing my app to crash?

Hi all, after adding some new features to my release ios ionic app I’ve been battling with random crashes and white screens for the last month. I’m ready to throw the towel in and remove the app from the app store and stop using ionic (which is a shame as I love it).

After pretty much a month of trying to debug, removing plugins, removing code, rebuild platform, searching stackoverflow etc etc I’m grasping at straws now.

Could anyone tell me, are these missing files in xcode (added by cordova plugins) an issue? I’ve found lots of conflicting reports. Could these be responsible for why my app almost constantly white screens on launch (although some times it works).

I’m using xcode 7.2.1 and

Cordova CLI: 6.0.0
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.0
Gulp local: Local version 3.9.0
Ionic Version: 1.1.1
Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.14
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.7.0
ios-deploy version: 1.8.5
ios-sim version: 5.0.6
Cordova-ios 4.0.1

My app runs fine in browser, with no console errors. It also works fine on Android which leads me to this it’s either a cordova-ios issue or an xcode/ios specific issue.

I did find this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-10530 but after pulling in the master branch of cordova-ios i still get the whitescreens on launch most of the time.

Surely someone has had these issues?

I’m using these plugins:

“cordova-plugin-device”,
“cordova-plugin-console”,
“cordova-plugin-whitelist”,
“cordova-plugin-splashscreen”,
“cordova-plugin-statusbar”,
“ionic-plugin-keyboard”,
“com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner”,
“cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview”,
“cordova-plugin-google-analytics”

If it helps this is what I get in xcode:

Thanks

Hey there!

So there are a few things going on.
The cordova issue you posted was a race condition with device ready and a few different plugins.

Let’s try this first. Make a scratch project, and cordova-ios from master, and just see if it crashes. In my test, I haven’t been able to get it to crash.

As for the missing libs, it looks like the barcode-scanner plugin and the analytics plugin are to blame for that, though looking at the xcode project, they automatically get added without any issues.

For that blank screen, could you attach the safari debugger to it and reload the app (hit cmd+r inside the dev tools)? Maybe there’s clue as to whats going on in the console.