Apple rejected my App because of minimal amount of content or features

Hello,

I am sorry to post such a stupid question, but I can’t get around this for long time.

I designed and developed an application that fetches directory entries from an http API and presents them in the app in categories. When someone clicks on an entry, it presents its data (title, html-description, cover image, telefon, email, website).
I also provided an option to save an entry for offline use. and the app has three tabs: one for the directory, one for the saved entries, and one for the about-us.

The directory has alomost 50 entries, and I need to get it online to start getting inquiries to add more entries.

Apple rejected the app many times, this was the message:

Guideline 4.2 - Design
We found that the usefulness of your app is limited by the minimal amount of content or features it includes. Specifically, your app only includes text and images.

What can I do/add/enhance to make the app go through?

I would appreciate any reply and your experience with such an issue.

What a shitty rejection reason.

I think I would change some stuff around a bit and then just try again. Make sure the app description also explains what the app is expected to do.

1 Like

do you have any login mechanism?

And you should totally focus on the offline functionality. This is the only thing, why an app would make sense. If not you could simply build a webapp or a website.

A webspace + domain is cheaper as the apple dev account for the app store :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will try to put more efforts on that.
Currently when the app opens in offline mode, it fails the API request and shows an error message that it had network issue. But the saved entries are still accessibles and working.

Does the category of the app plays any role in the approval process? I selected the category “Directory” without sub-category, do I need to select sub-category?

Yes, but the one you selected sounds fine.
No, normal Category is fine normally.

1 Like