App boot time: current state and best practices

Maybe it’s also worth to have a look into my topic App starting much faster without network

I believe that is fixed as of now, but I have been doing the explicit imports anyway, as my IDE makes it extremely easy to so with autocompletion.

It isn’t, I just changed the import to explicit, save 2Mb (!) on the bundle

1 Like

Hi!
I have similar project but my boot time about 8 sec
As I see my key problem is a huge load time of plugins I use. My plugins list is:
“com.lampa.startapp”: “0.1.4”,
“cordova-android-firebase-gradle-release”: “1.0.2”,
“cordova-android-play-services-gradle-release”: “1.4.3”,
“cordova-android-support-gradle-release”: “1.4.2”,
“cordova-plugin-actionsheet”: “2.3.3”,
“cordova-plugin-appavailability”: “0.4.2”,
“cordova-plugin-device”: “1.1.7”,
“cordova-plugin-background-mode”: “0.7.2”,
“cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview”: “2.4.0”,
“cordova-plugin-dialogs”: “2.0.1”,
“cordova-plugin-googlemaps”: “2.3.6”,
“cordova-plugin-ionic-webview”: “1.1.16”,
“cordova-plugin-network-information”: “2.0.1”,
“cordova-plugin-screen-orientation”: “2.0.2”,
“cordova-plugin-splashscreen”: “4.1.0”,
“cordova-plugin-statusbar”: “2.4.1”,
“cordova-plugin-whitelist”: “1.3.3”,
“es6-promise-plugin”: “4.2.2”,
“ionic-plugin-keyboard”: “2.2.1”,
“mx.ferreyra.callnumber”: “0.0.2”,
“phonegap-plugin-barcodescanner”: “7.0.2”,
“phonegap-plugin-push”: “2.2.2”,
“uk.co.workingedge.phonegap.plugin.launchnavigator”: “4.1.3”

Could you please give more details on your approach? How did you solved this issue?
Regards

@yurafox more details? I have posted everything I did in this thread, just go thru

the key is app/assets/bundle etc. size. Smaller = faster

Thanks for your replay!

So in your current ~3 sec loading app:
Do you use custom loading page or standard splash screen plugin? Does this approach really works?

standard splash screen

I just gonna let that here as I often posted in this thread. I’m building a new app for a client, a simple one, two pages, 3 modals, a couple of services, plugins and components

I use Ionic v4 and Angular v6

On my, ok new phone OnePlus 6, I measured a boot time around…1.5 seconds!!!

What I experience with my Ionic 3 app with lazy loading and --prod build is that it takes 3 - 4 seconds until the constructor of the app component is executed. Then from there on my initialization code takes about 3 seconds until the first page is displayed.

So these initial 3 - 4 seconds are very annoying, since they increase the boot time significantly. Does anybody know what the cause may be? I guess I have no bearing on it, do I?

Can’t tell exactly what to do but 3-4 seconds of “nothing” till the app.component.ts is booted sounds a bit weird to me. It would mean that the Cordova platform and Webview/WkWebView takes itself 3-4 seconds to boot before beginning to load the www. Never encountered that personally if I correctly remember