I’m trying to find a way to distribute builds while having full native/plugin access and allowing users to quickly switch between versions for testing, on both iOS and Android. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?
Here’s a comparison of current services, appended with my desired behaviour:
Service Multi-Version Ionic Native Host Location -- -- -- -- DevApp yes no local View no limited remote Deploy no yes remote Package no yes local (downloads) TestFlight yes yes remote Play Store no yes remote -- -- -- -- WANT: yes yes any
- DevApp can handle switching between versions since you can
ionic servemany instances
- View supports some plugins but not all of the ones I need
- Ionic Deploy is VERY close, except you can only install forward and not older versions
- TestFlight is the closest (lets you install previous builds) but it’s iOS only
- Play Store only allows installing the latest version for the single Alpha/Beta/Prod channel you are subscribed to
So how can I switch builds in-app while working with my full native deploys? This should be possible given that we have full source control and could bundle & switch out the main JS file during runtime, but I haven’t found any solutions yet.
Has anybody integrated this kind of feature in their project?