Android release version not showing external images

I have an android app in the Play Store and it is not displaying images that should be displayed from a domain.

I have looked into the cordova whitelist and thats all working fine. What is the real pain is that all development and debug versions work fine - I can only reproduce this issue by sending the release.apk to my device and installing manually, which of course stops the ability to debug.

This is quite urgent now as I have a useless app floating around the play store, where my customers are going to be getting pretty annoyed.

Many thanks for taking a look.

Is there anything in the Android logs? You can do adb logcat to see.

(adb is a tool installed as part of the Android SDK; see the logcat doc.)

So everything works on the debug / local versions - I literally have to email myself the release signed version in order to recreate the issue.

Is this possible with adb logcat?

Logcat shows the full Android system log that includes all apps, so you can use it to see if there are any errors with the release version of your app.

Could this be something?

I/X509Util(18276): Failed to validate the certificate chain, error: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.

I don’t know, is there something else related to your app before that line? Keep in mind that logcat shows logs from all apps, so you’ll see a lot of noise from other apps.

Nothing that really sticks out… no WARNING or anything related to the App.

Any other ideas?

In my tests log lines for my app usually start with chromium or CordovaWebView.

The other thing you could try is chrome remote debugging.

You might want to use GapDebug to help inspect it. I don’t have any other ideas though.

I just tried removing android platform and re-adding and I got this Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-whitelist':CordovaError: Plugin doesn't support this project's cordova-android version. cordova-android: 3.7.1, failed version requirement: >=4.0.0-dev

Cannot do this with the release apk.

For some reason the cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-whitelist is giving me a 404??