Android install fails when trying to modularize android project

I have an Ionic application in which I wanted to add instant app support with a native dynamic-feature module. I created a new module and made it the base application module, and added a dynamic feature module which would be an instant entry point containing native code. At this point I could run the two separate modules fine, the ionic app module and the new base application module which would bring up the dynamic feature module. I basically had two applications. After changing the ionic app module from application to dynamic-feature, refactoring resources and integrating it with the base application module and dynamic feature module the base application module now fails to install with INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED.

Installation did not succeed.
The application could not be installed: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED

List of apks:
[0] '/Users/jmartinez/Desktop/Frontend/android/base/build/outputs/apk/debug/base-debug.apk'
[1] '/Users/jmartinez/Desktop/Frontend/android/app/build/outputs/apk/debug/app-debug.apk'
[2] '/Users/jmartinez/Desktop/Frontend/android/appointments/build/outputs/apk/debug/appointments-debug.apk'
Installation failed due to: 'null'