Add React Native to Ionic 3

Is it possible to add react native to ionic 3 to create some pages in React Native to be able to open them quickly and have native feel and good performance.

If so, kindly tell how to do it?

Just wait for Ionic 4. It will be possible then, and the release date is supposed to be soon.

Did they say they will add React & React Native to Ionic?
I wish they make a react native plugin compatibility layer on ionic 4.

I’m not quite sure what that means. They are decoupling ionic components from ionic-angular. You’ll be able to write a React component with an ion-list in your HTML. As I understand it anyway.

1 Like

Great. I can’t wait for that.

It looks like more angularJS jobs are out there because of its popular MEAN stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, NodeJS).
There was a company looking to hire angularJS 1 developer… they sold two web apps to other bigger companies.

Besides that reactJS seems to be popular in job field. then there are PHP frameworks like Laravel, Yii… and Ruby on Rails, etc.

Believe it or not, many people pay out well for wordpress developers.
and many companies have tendencies to stick with old javascript. I haven’t seen anyone who specifically require Typescript in development environment.

Another way out is inventing a mega hit app by yourself.

I asked for react native to make the app work as native one. But I am not sure if we will be able to use React Native components like View, Text, etc and develop native app with ionic 4. Ionic 4 may just be making it easy to develop web views in other languages like reactJS.

What I am looking as of now is modification in android code to be able to add react native to existing project of ionic 3 so that I can have both ionic’s web views and native pages of react native. Also, i need to be able to open what ever pages I need using some deep linking method.