Ionic in Action Book, available now as early access, provide your input!

Great question, it is current to the beta 13 version right now, but will be updated with any details for 1.0. I’ve talked with the Ionic team a few times, and version 1.0 will represent a stable API that will not introduce breaking changes, and this is what the book will reflect.

The book’s goal is not to replace the documentation where you will always be able to look up every detail, but intended to provide training how to use Ionic from installing it through to publishing to an app store.

2 Likes

Hi gnomeontherun,
Thanks for the clarification.

Hi Jeremy - love the MEAP so far but would love to see the code for the resort app. Are you going to provide that for owners of the book later?

Joe

Hi Joe,

The code is available for the current Chapters 4-5 on the book page under Resources. I’m working to get all of the code onto GitHub for the future versions of the book. All code will be there, eventually!

AWESOME - thanks - looking forward to the next chapters

Joe

This ia a great book. I saw it on Kindle for about $2 so grabbed it. It is clearly still in ‘beta’ stage as there are placeholders and incomplete examples, but overall I thought it was really well written and gave me the confidence to jump into Ionic development and start my own ‘30 day project’… :wink:

Looking forward to the final revision.

The book is over half done, and the MEAP edition (the early release) was updated recently. I hope you’ve had a chance to take a look and I’d be happy to get any feedback!

1 Like

Hi Jeremy ,

Just downloaded chapter 1 pdf and learning

Thanks

Hi,

I have just purchased the MEAP ebook version of ‘Ionic in Action’.

The first two chapters (1. Introducing Ionic and Hybrid Apps; 2. Setting Up Your Computer To Build Apps) are well written and very thorough.

Just started on chapter three :slight_smile:

Cheers
Rob

Thanks Rob. The book is in final rounds of editing and will go to the printer very soon!

Hi Jeremy Have you planning to write next version of Ionic with (Angular 2 ) ? If have have anything . Please update me also.

Hello, Ionic 2 is still a bit far off, but I have been taking a closer look at it with the Ionic team. However, Angular 2 is also still a ways away, so there is a lot in flux and very little concrete to start updating the book. I intend to update it when the dust settles and everything is closer to stable.

Hey Jeremy,

Just bought the ebook after reading the first free chapter.
Since you mentioned in one of the replies above that the book is current till bet13,I just wanted to confirm that the code sample will work seamlessly with Ionic 1.0.0 “uranium-unicorn” (2015-05-12) release, as the 1.0.0 is more of a stable API release and no major changes(framework related or api syntax related etc) have been made since beta 13.
I may be asking a silly thing again but pardon my naiveness as i am new to Ionic :blush:

Regards
Chetan

The book is now working with v1, not the betas. The 1.x branch may continue to get some updates and features as necessary, but everything in the book should remain stable and available to use.

Hope you enjoy the book!

Hey Jeremy
Does your book include topics such capturing vidoe with a mobile camera phone

It does include an example how to use the camera, though it only shows using a still image. It covers how to use Cordova and ngCordova to access all kinds of hardware capabilities!

Have you updated the book for Ionic 2? Or any plan?

Which software is best to create ionic apps?

I really appreciate your thinking that how you describe the matter quite easily,But few Things I did not understsnad thats why i decide to go Cisco Tech Support for help, they told me how to solve this easily.