Ionic Hardware backbutton

i created an app in ionic and while i was testing it i noticed that when i press the hardware back button the app completely terminates , i tried to override the event but nothing was happening , the strange about all of that is when i remove the ng-app=“starter” from my app the back button work completely fine and i can easily override it but certainly my ui becomes a mess , my question is how can i override the backbutton event ?

code is available here

So you can register a new back button action with the follow code below.

$ionicPlatform.registerBackButtonAction(function (event) {
    // Custom function
  }, 100);

it is not working i tried it and nothing changes

maybe you can show us your code?

1 Like

this is a link of a github repo that contain all of the code https://github.com/fadysamir/zabatni

This repository is empty.

Care to check out the GitHub Channel on YouTube while you wait?

:frowning:

sorry my internet speed is too low the code is being uploaded

it is now live
, you can check it

Well, put some custom code in it.
Example:

$ionicPlatform.registerBackButtonAction(function (event) {
    // Custom function
   event.preventDefault(); // Back button will DO NOTHING. 
  $state.go(url);  //go to specific url
  }, 100);
1 Like

i put an alert and tried to make it navigate to another page and nothing was happening. @mhartington

i can only find this line in your index.html

<script type="text/javascript">document.addEventListener("backbutton", onBackKeyDown, false);

You have to create a controller and there you need to load $ionicPlatform and then use the suggested code by mhartington.

I am using this approach in all my apps and it is working.

check the test page i typed it there

Yeah and i told you… you need to create a angularjs controller for your module and put that code in there…

maybe you have to read some angularjs tutorials.

https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/controller

If you want to build ionic apps you have to learn angularjs.

1 Like

i think may be this is my problem i do not know anything about angular js and it seems that all ionic functions are based on top of it