Ionic and Windows Phone 8 - working

I used the full-screen mode to remove this effect

preference name=“Fullscreen” value=“true” />

in www\config.xml

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. That seems to remove the funky blocks when you scroll vertically.

I still see some issues in general. For example, the vertical scrolling on a list of items is slow and there is a noticeable delay between when you swipe and when the list moves. I know they are working on it though so I anticipate things getting better in the future.

Can you explain me better how this integration between AppBuilder and Ionic works?
I have an ionic app that is not woking on wp8 at all (blank screen after load).
I’d like to give AppBuilder a try. Will my app work if I import it to AppBuilder?

As for the WP8 font icon issue I’m using something like this in my Gulp build to strip the query params:

var gulp = require('gulp');
var $ = require('gulp-load-plugins')(),
var config = require('./gulpfile.config'); // local config file

gulp.src('ionic.css')
    .pipe($.if(config.platform === 'wp8', $.replace(/\?.*?(["|'|\)])/gi, '$1')))
    .pipe(gulp.dest('dist'));

Hi All,

I have an app built for IOS and Android and getting it up and running for WP8 would be ideal. After a goog amount of faf getting bootcamp to play ball and allow emulators I have a project which builds. I unfortunately don’t have a project which runs.

When the app fires off I get two error messages and a white screen. I’ve started looking around the forum to find answers but I can’t find anything specific, can anyone point me in the right direction? Output from my ‘Output’ window is shown below with the two error messages I get:

Apache Cordova native platform version 3.7.1 is starting
Fading the splash screen in
'AgHost.exe' (CoreCLR: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.ServiceModel.Web.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AgHost.exe' (CoreCLR: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.Serialization.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AgHost.exe' (CoreCLR: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\en-US\mscorlib.debug.resources.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
The thread 0xb34 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Error::Plugin not allowed in config.xml. Keyboard
Error::Plugin not allowed in config.xml. sqlDB

I have tried removing the plugins and re-adding them as well as re-building the wp8 platform etc. I have tried both WP8 emulators, and upgrading to WP8.1, in both cases it fails. I’d like to point out that the app only runs on emulators (IOS, Android) and not using ionic serve (this may be an important piece of information or not?).

From browsing the above am I right in thinking that getting a cordova project up and running in VS 2015 may help me along the way? I am an AngularJS / .NET developer at heart, so am pretty comfortable trying to get this working, but I’d like to know that I’m no the right track.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi. I am still getting the same white block even if i add this code. any more work around?

Hello
As far as I know, these plugins are implemented only for iOS and Android,
therefore it is necessary to exclude them from your WP application.

can you demonstrate this by screenshot or video?

I found an issue about permissions, to create a directory into WP8, and store downloaded pdf´s when trying to create a directory it will be unsucessful and will display an error message :

window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT, 0, function(fs) {
          fs.root.getDirectory("SomeNewDirectory",
                              {
                                create: true
                              },

function(error) {                                
                 alert('Error'); 
                 alert("Download Error Source -> " + error.source);
},

At this time the only solution i found will be to detext the platform and open as a link . If there is another workaround please let me know.

downloadPdf: function(url, fileName) {
      lastUrl = url;
      lastFileName = fileName;    
      window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT, 0, function(fs) {
          fs.root.getDirectory("SomeNewDirectory",
                              {
                                create: true
                              },
                function(dirEntry) {
                    dirEntry.getFile(lastFileName, 
                        {
                          create: true, 
                          exclusive: false
                        }, 
                        function gotFileEntry(fe) {                        
                            var p = fe.toURL();                            
                            fe.remove();
                            ft = new FileTransfer();
                            $ionicLoading.show({
                                template: 'Downloading...'
                            });
                            ft.download(
                                encodeURI(lastUrl),
                                p,
                                function(entry) {
                                    window.open(entry.toURL(), '_system', 'location=yes,toolbar=yes,closebuttoncaption=Close PDF,enableViewportScale=yes,fullscreen=no');                                
                                    $ionicLoading.hide();
                                },                          
                                function(error) {                                
                                    alert('Error'); 
                                    alert("Download Error Source -> " + error.source);
                                },
                                false,
                                null
                            );                      
                        }, 
                        function() {
                            alert("Get file failed");
                        }
                    );
                }
            );
        },

is there any method to make header scroll with scrolling of page??? for windows phone app.