Got 'GC capability mismatch' error when running ionic emulate ios

I followed the steps appear in “Getting Started” guide, and when running

$ ionic emulate ios

I get the following error:

2014-04-13 11:11:53.242 ios-sim[667:707] Error loading /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DVTFoundation.framework/DVTFoundation: dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DVTFoundation.framework/DVTFoundation, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DVTFoundation.framework/DVTFoundation: GC capability mismatch
Unable to dvtFoundationBundle. Error:
Error: /Users/Tamir/myApp/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/src/superspawn.js:112:23)
at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:743:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:810:5)
ERROR: Unable to emulate app on platform ios. Please see console for more info.
Exiting.

I have Xcode 4.6.3 installed and can’t upgrade to Xcode 5 since I have old macbook and can’t upgrade OS to 10.8 and above.

Seems like a issue related to your version of Xcode.
What version of cordova do you have installed just wonder?

$ cordova -v

I also suspect it’s the Xcode version, unfortunately I can’t upgrade to newer version as I mentioned, due to old hardware.

cordova version is 3.4.0-0.1.3

How about just trying to run from within Xcode itself? I personally don’t use ionic emulate ios. I just prefer to start and stop the apps in Xcode.

I’m new to Ionic so not sure how to do it… I simply followed the getting started guide. Is this approach documented somewhere ?

In your app directory, you’ll “platforms”, then “ios”. Inside “ios”, you’ll see something like “HelloCordova.xcodeproj” . Double click that. I will open Xcode. In the top left of the screen is a big “Play” button. Next to it is some text. Click that text to choose what device to simulate. If your device is plugged in, you can also run on a device. After you’ve selected a device/simulator, click the Play button.

It worked ! Thanks a lot for you help :slight_smile:

had same issue.
thnx…