Error when running cordova build --release android

Hi, I’m trying to publish my Android app by following the instructions here:

http://ionicframework.com/docs/guide/publishing.html

However, when I run cordova build --release android I get the following error:

:lintVitalArmv7Release
/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/res/values/arrays.xml:3: Error: "country_codes" is not translated in "ar" (Arabic), "bg" (Bulgarian), "ca" (Catalan), "cs" (Czech), "da" (Danish), "de" (German), "el" (Greek), "es" (Spanish), "eu" (Basque), "fi" (Finnish), "fr" (French), "he" (Hebrew), "hi" (Hindi), "hu" (Hungarian), "id" (Indonesian), "it" (Italian), "iw" (Hebrew), "ja" (Japanese), "ko" (Korean), "nl" (Dutch), "pl" (Polish), "pt" (Portuguese), "ru" (Russian), "sk" (Slovak), "sl" (Slovene), "sv" (Swedish), "tr" (Turkish), "zh-rCN" (Chinese: China), "zh-rTW" (Chinese: Taiwan, Province of China) [MissingTranslation]
  <string-array name="country_codes">
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/res/values/strings.xml:3: Error: "app_name" is not translated in "ar" (Arabic), "bg" (Bulgarian), "ca" (Catalan), "cs" (Czech), "da" (Danish), "de" (German), "el" (Greek), "es" (Spanish), "eu" (Basque), "fi" (Finnish), "fr" (French), "he" (Hebrew), "hi" (Hindi), "hu" (Hungarian), "id" (Indonesian), "it" (Italian), "iw" (Hebrew), "ja" (Japanese), "ko" (Korean), "nl" (Dutch), "pl" (Polish), "pt" (Portuguese), "ru" (Russian), "sk" (Slovak), "sl" (Slovene), "sv" (Swedish), "tr" (Turkish), "zh-rCN" (Chinese: China), "zh-rTW" (Chinese: Taiwan, Province of China) [MissingTranslation]
    <string name="app_name">myapp</string>
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/res/values/strings.xml:4: Error: "launcher_name" is not translated in "ar" (Arabic), "bg" (Bulgarian), "ca" (Catalan), "cs" (Czech), "da" (Danish), "de" (German), "el" (Greek), "es" (Spanish), "eu" (Basque), "fi" (Finnish), "fr" (French), "he" (Hebrew), "hi" (Hindi), "hu" (Hungarian), "id" (Indonesian), "it" (Italian), "iw" (Hebrew), "ja" (Japanese), "ko" (Korean), "nl" (Dutch), "pl" (Polish), "pt" (Portuguese), "ru" (Russian), "sk" (Slovak), "sl" (Slovene), "sv" (Swedish), "tr" (Turkish), "zh-rCN" (Chinese: China), "zh-rTW" (Chinese: Taiwan, Province of China) [MissingTranslation]
    <string name="launcher_name">@string/app_name</string>
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/res/values/strings.xml:5: Error: "activity_name" is not translated in "ar" (Arabic), "bg" (Bulgarian), "ca" (Catalan), "cs" (Czech), "da" (Danish), "de" (German), "el" (Greek), "es" (Spanish), "eu" (Basque), "fi" (Finnish), "fr" (French), "he" (Hebrew), "hi" (Hindi), "hu" (Hungarian), "id" (Indonesian), "it" (Italian), "iw" (Hebrew), "ja" (Japanese), "ko" (Korean), "nl" (Dutch), "pl" (Polish), "pt" (Portuguese), "ru" (Russian), "sk" (Slovak), "sl" (Slovene), "sv" (Swedish), "tr" (Turkish), "zh-rCN" (Chinese: China), "zh-rTW" (Chinese: Taiwan, Province of China) [MissingTranslation]
    <string name="activity_name">@string/launcher_name</string>
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Explanation for issues of type "MissingTranslation":
   If an application has more than one locale, then all the strings declared
   in one language should also be translated in all other languages.

If the string should not be translated, you can add the attribute
   translatable="false" on the <string> element, or you can define all your
   non-translatable strings in a resource file called donottranslate.xml. Or,
   you can ignore the issue with a tools:ignore="MissingTranslation"
   attribute.

By default this detector allows regions of a language to just provide a
   subset of the strings and fall back to the standard language strings. You
   can require all regions to provide a full translation by setting the
   environment variable ANDROID_LINT_COMPLETE_REGIONS.

You can tell lint (and other tools) which language is the default language
   in your res/values/ folder by specifying tools:locale="languageCode" for
   the root <resources> element in your resource file. (The tools prefix
   refers to the namespace declaration http://schemas.android.com/tools.)

/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/res/values-ar/strings.xml:64: Error: "menu_settings" is translated here but not found in default locale [ExtraTranslation]
  <string name="menu_settings">???????</string>
    5 errors, 0 warnings
    :lintVitalArmv7Release FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':lintVitalArmv7Release'.
    > Lint found fatal errors while assembling a release target.

To proceed, either fix the issues identified by lint, or modify your build script as follows:
      android {
          lintOptions {
              checkReleaseBuilds false
              // Or, if you prefer, you can continue to check for errors in release builds,
              // but continue the build even when errors are found:
              abortOnError false
          }
      }

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 4.583 secs

/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:126
                        throw e;
                              ^
    Error code 1 for command: /Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/gradlew with args: cdvBuildRelease,-b,/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/build.gradle,-Dorg.gradle.daemon=true
    ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: /Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 8
    You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
    Error: /Users/xxx/Documents/xxx/xxx/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 8
        at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:131:23)
        at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)
        at maybeClose (child_process.js:766:16)
        at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:833:5)

I can run ionic build android and deploy to an emulator without problem.

I’ve tried searching for lintOptions and build.gradle but I can’t find them anywhere in my project…

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

There should be a platforms/android/build.gradle in your project. You don’t have that file?

Hey, I have the same question, have you resolved it?

Adding

lintOptions {
    abortOnError false
}

to line 243 of build.gradle resolved the issue.

Can you past the hole build.gradle file?
May be the file is different so that I can’t add it to line 243~

Just add it in the android {} block (I’m away from my computer).

It’s work for me, Thank you very much !

Is there any way to specify that property in the project’s config.xml file? I’d like to be able to keep the platforms folder (or its contents, at least) unversioned as per this article, but whoever checks out my app from version control should be good to go, without having to manually add those lines to the build.gradle file. Thanks, cheers.

i have error when i build to apk

Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
AAPT err(Facade for 8362831): libpng error: Read Error

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:mergeReleaseResources’.

Some file crunching failed, see logs for details

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug
    option to get more log output.

can you help me ?