@pbruna

I tried
$ npm install -g gulp

Retry
$ ionic start myApp

And I found lib folder.
$ ls myApp/www config.xml img index.html js lib templates

Thank you!

Thanks, added gulp installation instructions to all of the pages that tell you to install ionic.

2 Likes

For all the people complaining about missing lib/ folder in /www, you can just run ā€˜bower updateā€™ which will pull it in (and then doublecheck that the js references in www/index.html are correct)

Hi Andy

Do you need to add ā€˜install gulpā€™ to the readme.md on github in quickstart section

cheers

Thanks!

How do I use your tool to update an existing app? Do I just run:

bower install driftyco/ionic-bower#v1.0.0-beta.1

Then grunt build?

Yes that will give you the Ionic assets, but Iā€™d also recommend grabbing the latest generator version.

Simply run npm install -g generator-ionicjs and then re-run yo ionicjs in your current project.

Yeoman is smart enough to alert you when it detects a conflict so only type y when it attempts to update your Gruntfile.js.

Congratulations!!! :sunny:

Thanks again you are the best! I really hope more people starting using your tool. It really makes a dramatic difference for newbies.

@andy This bullet looks to be inaccurate based on what I have seen in other github comments.

ionic: remove all delegates (dbe4e390)

@keithdmoore good catch, fixed. we did remove delegates at one point in favor of another idea, but then added them back!

Just wanted to thank you for maintaining this generator project! It is excellent.

Iā€™m thrilled you think so and thank you for the support! I hope it can help newcomers and veterans alike get up and running with the Ionic Framework in no time.

On a side note I just published a new version that adds built in support for the Ripple Emulator. Itā€™s an Apache Incubator project that is still in beta so expect a few bugs, but its been cool to dev on so far and seems promising.

@Diego: love it! We should figure out a way to recommend it on the ionic website.

Still no lib folder being generated here, nor did any of the fixes listed in this thread work save for rdtranā€™s zip file.

I am on Windows 8.

Tried installing gulp and re-running ionic start myApp - no love.

Anyone?

@monkrocker does it work if you gulp init in your project folder?

Negative, sir.

Still no lib directory

What is the output you do gulp init?

[gulp] Using gulpfile C:\Users\B003345\Documents\Development\bConnected-mobile-ionic\gulpfile.js
[gulp] Starting 'init'...
Installing latest stable release of Ionic from bower

Then it returns to the prompt. No lib dir.

@andy That would be totally rad! Maybe a guest blog post or a shout-out on the getting started page would be of interest as the generator matures?

Looks like the auto-detection of tabs and headers isnā€™t quite working. Even in the Ionic Codepen you can see the tabs bar cutting off the content when you click on Facts: